Dolphin Browser - Google Search Problem?

Last Updated:

1. Mattius

Mattius Member This Topic's Starter

Installed Dolphin Browser on My Hero. All fime until today. Now when I search for anything using Google Search, (which is the homepage), it returns me to the Homepage with no results! Strange.... Any suggestions?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

Must be something hinky with Dolphin. Mine is doing the same thing. The Steel browser is searching Google fine. Strange.

3. Scorps

Scorps New Member

I'm having this problem as well, Dolphin has not had this behavior until today so it would seem there is a bug afoot of some sort...

4. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Yeah, just noticed this last night. It was times like this when I wish Dolphin would let you set your own homepage instead of their Google/Dolphin homepage. I would really just like Google.com for my home page and this wouldn't have happened.

5. ScottPV

ScottPV Active Member

I have CNN set as my home page in Dolphin, but I just changed it to Google. Why can't you set to Google?

Scott

6. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I undestand what's going on here, as I can't reproduce it; a google search, even from the Dolphin start page always gives me results.

Just wanted to point out that you can indeed set a home page in Dolphin: Menu->Settings->System Settings->Set Home Page. The page you enter there is the page you are taken to when you press Menu->Home Page (assuming you are running the latest version of Dolphin).

jd

P.S. You might also try deleting the cache. LongPress the back arrow while in Dolphin and select "Clear cache then exit."

7. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Guess I just didn't look hard enough.

8. Kender42

Kender42 Well-Known Member

I can see the main google search page on the dolphin browser but when I enter text into the search box I constantly get "Error 400 - Bad Request" it ONLY happens with the dolphin browser. Firefox and chrome work fine most of the time on my tablet but not dolphin. Any fixes or workarounds?