1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Dolphin Browser HD: Extremely poor response time

Last Updated:

1. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded Dolphin Browser HD on my Evo since everyone raves about how it's the best browser but I'm getting the exact opposite experience.

When I'm using Dolphin the response time after I click a link is absolutely unacceptable. This isn't just on flash or javascript heavy pages, this is on things like mobile formatted Google search results. When I hit a link I get nothing for up to 30 seconds.

Eventually the page will load but after that it's the same thing again. I can scroll around the page and read it but clicking a link is painfully slow. I've had to go back to the default browser because it takes minutes just to navigate through a few links in Dolphin.

Anyone else experiencing this or know of a way to fix it?

Advertisement
  2. highwayman1224

highwayman1224 Well-Known Member

Mine works great & its fast. I always disable javascript tho unless I wanna watch a video.

3. putch

putch Member

30 seconds seems a little long. but, dolphinHD has some of the slowest rendering times of all the browsers on android. I like it for the plugin support (adblock) and some of it's features (find in page).

the fastest is probably skyfire. but I find it to be very buggy. and the stock browser just lacks too many features for my tastes.

4. HittingSmoke

HittingSmoke Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. I'll toy around with it some more and see if I can find a way to get some better performance out of it.