• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dolphin Browser HD...terms of agreement

Saraein

Lurker
Sep 27, 2010
In the agreement of the Dolphin Browser HD, it states that Dolphin will collect data about the user in something called user experience analytics.

I've been trying to find information about this, to no avail. I've searched everywhere. Has anyone read this agreement? Can anyone give me information about what they collect? It seems very open statement, in which they could practically take anything. Anyways...

Thanks.

In the agreement of the Dolphin Browser HD, it states that Dolphin will collect data about the user in something called user experience analytics.

I've been trying to find information about this, to no avail. I've searched everywhere. Has anyone read this agreement? Can anyone give me information about what they collect? It seems very open statement, in which they could practically take anything. Anyways...

Thanks.

Can't say I've read the agreement, nor would I be particularly inclined to. I expect it's quite similar to what Bing, Google or any other search engine uses or what specific web sites might use to gather information, supposedly anonymously. Not really something to lose sleep over unless you're paranoid. But remember, as it's said, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. :D

Google Analytics | Official Website

User experience analytics - Facing up to IT

Customer experience analytics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0
Can't say I've read the agreement, nor would I be particularly inclined to. I expect it's quite similar to what Bing, Google or any other search engine uses or what specific web sites might use to gather information, supposedly anonymously. Not really something to lose sleep over unless you're paranoid. But remember, as it's said, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. :D

Google Analytics | Official Website

User experience analytics - Facing up to IT

Customser experience analytics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's not that I'm paranoid, just curious. Kind of wondering why I couldn't find a single bit of information anywhere on this. Usually things like that are discussed fully. Or at least mentioned a few times.
The agreement is acutally fairly short. That's probably the only reason I read it. I usually just browse through quickly if that.

Upvote 0
It's not that I'm paranoid, just curious. Kind of wondering why I couldn't find a single bit of information anywhere on this. Usually things like that are discussed fully. Or at least mentioned a few times.
The agreement is acutally fairly short. That's probably the only reason I read it. I usually just browse through quickly if that.

I was just teasing about the paranoia. The agreement is pretty typical stuff really. I think you'd find it a lot if you looked for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones