Dolphin Browser - Increase Max # of Tabs?Tips

Last Updated:

1. kesroesweyth

kesroesweyth Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the maximum number of tabs you can have open at once in Dolphin Browser, or possible another tabbed browser with a higher limit?

My EVO runs great with tons of free RAM when I have 8 tabs open in Dolphin Browser. I would like to have the ability to open several more.

Thanks! :)

Advertisement
  2. kesroseweyth

kesroseweyth New Member

Gary y do u need so many tabs. u never evn emaled me back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

now that's not confusing....that's about as crazy as the guy that has the screen name
    Mr Ed with no (.) seriously..click on my name..it pulls him up WOWZERS

8 has been the maximum I have seen...use dolphin's 8..then open stock and use it's 5 lol

4. Diabo

Diabo Well-Known Member

I often open a bunch of articles from my online newspaper in background tabs, and then flip through them. This saves me going back to the front page every time, but I usually try to open more stories than the tab limit.

A hack/mod/patch/fix to increase the number of tabs would be very welcome.

My phone hardware can handle plenty more tabs than the maximum set in Dolphin.

Another Dolphin annoyance: when you open a link in a new tab, the popup that lets you choose between "open in background" or "switch to new tab" asks if you want it to remember your choice.

This box is checked by default. For obvious reasons it should be UNchecked by default. If you accidentally allow Dolphin to remember your choice it's very hard to make it forget tha wrong choice again.