• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dolphin browser problem

johnb41

Aug 7, 2011
Does anyone have a problem with the Dolphin broswer, where if you launch the browser, and if there is already a tab open on a web page, the browser will crash and force close? It's really annoying. It did this for me on my previous phone also.

I really want to keep using this browser, but it's so annoying that I usually have to launch the browser twice before using it. Anyone else have this issue, or is it just me?

Does anyone have a problem with the Dolphin broswer, where if you launch the browser, and if there is already a tab open on a web page, the browser will crash and force close? It's really annoying. It did this for me on my previous phone also.

I really want to keep using this browser, but it's so annoying that I usually have to launch the browser twice before using it. Anyone else have this issue, or is it just me?

Never experienced this myself, but after being a long-time Dolphin devotee, I recently ditched it for good in favor of Opera (which I'd toyed with for months but never really used seriously until recently).

Fact is, despite all the cool bells and whistles in Dolphin (the ezines, Windows-esque tabbed browsing, etc), it's got a fairly clunky UI and is turtle-slow compared to Opera because Opera utilizes server-side rendering and cacheing to speed up the experience.

Just my $.02, but if you haven't tried Opera, or even Skyfire for that matter, I'd give them both a long look over Dolphin.

-Ryan

Reactions: johnb41
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones