1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Dolphin browser question-

Last Updated:

1. goldrush28

goldrush28 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm currently using stock browser. What are the main advantages to using Dolphin? Is it worth downloading. Stock browser seems to do all I need. Thanks, Art

Advertisement
  2. Damademan3

Damademan3 Well-Known Member

3. krouget

krouget Well-Known Member

I'm currently using Dolphin HD, and prefer it for the way it handles tabbed browsing, as well as utizling the browser home key to return to the start page. Swiping to access your bookmarks and other options is nice, and the ability to exit the browser while clearing the history/cache, is great.

It also makes use of add-ons, such as bookmarks to SD, which is pretty functional as a backup. I'm on 2.2, but it seems just as fast as the stock browser, as well.

Considering its free, just give it a try.

4. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

I suspect Dolphin just uses the webkit engine in the phone already and reskins it. Dolphin doesn't seem to complain about running out of windows to use which is nice.

5. martytoo

martytoo New Member

I am having trouble with Dolphin HD when moving from message to message in forums. I have to constantly reset the size when moving through the forums.

I don't have this trouble with the older Dolphin. (I did have it with the original browser that came with my Droid in September.)