Dolphin browser Tablet Edition (finally released)

1. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Did anyone try this yet? I'm not home right now so I can't download it. I thought Dolphin HD was already great on the Gtablet so what more can they possibly do to make it tablet friendly?

Dolphin Browser now available in tablet size - Phone Arena

Edit: it's in private beta but I'll sign up anyways. I love Dolphin.

Advertisement
  2. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

I am gettin in on this! Dolphin is already my browser of choice, but I wanna see what else they've got up their sleeves for the tab version.
    Droid_Junky likes this.
  3. kimkgk

kimkgk Well-Known Member

I love Dolphin so far. An update sounds reeeeel interesting. Where is it?
  4. xmr405o

Not sure if it shows up on the gtab but on my Droid it's listed under Dolphin Browser for Pad.
  5. KzA

KzA Well-Known Member

Whosssssssss got the apk??
  6. SolidOrange

i never did find it. :(
  7. xmr405o

I haven't found it and I'm still waiting for my email from the Dolphin devs.
  8. kimkgk

kimkgk Well-Known Member

Got any response yet or been able to try it? I would sure like to hear what it has to offer.
  9. xmr405o

Not yet, I signed up using two email accounts too. :(
  10. kimkgk

kimkgk Well-Known Member

What gives do you think? Not available? Smileys not working or I would have used a ticked off one by now. Should have been all over the boards by now.
  11. NinjaMom

NinjaMom Member

Anybody know how to get this? Links do not seem to lead anywhere near a download dolphin browser doesn't show up in the market.
  12. xmr405o

Yeah, I gave up on this. :(
  13. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

I'm curious how a "tablet" edition of a browser might differ. I would hope in Dolphins case, it would mean making it quicker. I switched to Miren because it's significantly snappier than Dolphin.
  14. SolidOrange

15. xmr405o

16. SolidOrange

yep, HD 5.0. while it is not tablet specific, you can tell it was definitely designed with a larger screen in mind. i haven't decided if i like the top toolbar taking up more real estate yet, but i do love the improved gesture control. no more attempting 3-4 times to get it to work with complicated swipes.
  17. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

I do like the updates in 5.0. The top toolbar doesn't bother me too much, and even looks fine w/ my small screen OG droid
  18. brad08stanggt

brad08stanggt Active Member

where are you guys getting this? it wont show up in my market even after the market fix.

then when i try to go to the links posted above, it tells me its not compatible with my device....

someone have the apk?
  19. xmr405o

20. luvduchovny

luvduchovny Well-Known Member

Oooh. Thanks for the link. I'll give it a try when I get home. (Dang it I had considered bringing my GTab this morning but didn't.
  21. SolidOrange

Just tried the pad version but flash is still a no go on honeycomb. I wish some other browser would get it working because I really hate opera. Better than having no flash at all, but I hope dolphin will get it sorted out soon.
    xmr405o likes this.
  22. xmr405o

Solid, you're on Gtabcomb, right? See if this works, download smartflash from the market and see if it works with Dolphin. Coupled with the latest Adobe Flash player it helped with other flash apps so maybe it'll help with Dolphin Pad.

Thanks for testing, Solid. I wished I had my Gtab. :(
  23. luvduchovny

luvduchovny Well-Known Member

Darn! I was hoping that was the case because I have to admit I'm not that crazy about Opera Mobile either. And I tried Puffin and really hated that one. :mad: But I'll still download it to try it, although I'm liking Dolphin HD 6.0 just fine (except for the flash only working halfway on HC).
  24. SolidOrange

Yep, I am on GtabComb. Just tried smartflash and it didn't help. Still have sound with no video on YouTube. If opera would just offer an option to open to a homepage instead of defaulting to the last page you closed and list all open tabs across the top instead of grouping them together, I wouldn't mind using it. Those two issues are super annoying IMO.