Dolphin/google home initializing my GPS

Last Updated:

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I open up dolphin, I have my page set to google.

My location is "unavailable" on google, and I don't really even want it to look for me anyhow, but the GPS keeps ticking away in the background.
    What gives?
    Nick

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

That's because the first time you visited Google's mobile site, you allowed it to use your location.

To turn it off, it's as simple as clicking on 'Settings' and scrolling to the bottom and disabling 'allow location'

3. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan Well-Known Member

I have a very similar problem as well. When i open the stock browser on my droid, it will initialize the gps to start trying to upload my current position im guessing. The gps will just keep running until the battery is dead or i reboot the phone. The only way i can get this to stop is to reboot the phone. Im guessing that im not closing the browser correctly it the reason why. How exactally do you shut the browser down to end the program from running in the background. To exit the browser i just keep hitting back to exit the program. I know this is not the correct way, so how are you supposed to shut it down?

4. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I will have to check out the settings - thanks

5. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

I only have this problem with Dolphin browser. I'll go to the google homepage and it will be unavailable for my current location but the gps icon will be searching and searching forever with no reason to. My stock and even xscope doesn't do this. They easy give me my location and that's the end of the gps search.

6. chiefvelo

chiefvelo Well-Known Member

I uninstalled dolphin because of that but the stock will still use gps and keep looking if i exit the browser to sson. I let the stock search and the gps stops and then i close and it ok. don't know what started this issue.

7. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Member

I simply told Google to not track my location and saved the setting and it went away for me.