1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Dolphin HD Android Browser - Two Issues

Last Updated:

1. merrickville

merrickville Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone experienced the following two issues that I have with the Dolphin HD Web Browser.

My Setup:
    - Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant (Bell Canada)
    - Android 2.1
    - Dolphin HD Browser [Purchased]

Issue #1)

When I tap in the "Type URL or Search" input box in the Dolphin HD browser window, my Samsung dutifully brings up my "Swipe" Input keyboard.

When I 'Swipe out' a word and lift my finger, I expect it to produce a [space], as it does in other input text box's, but it does not. This would be fine if I was 'swiping out' a URL. The 'input box prompt text' says that it's also a search input box.

Issue #2)

When I zoom in on a web 'normal' sized web page, I slide the web page to the left to continue reading a sentence, but instead of the web page sliding to the left, the Dolphin "Tool Bar" pane gets pulled out from the right side. Again, if I slide the web page to the right, the bookmarks pane get pulled out.

I know I can turn this feature off, but, I LOVE this feature having the tools & book marks easily accessible.

This usually does not happen if the web page is a mobile web page (no sliding needed) or the web page is NOT zoomed in.

Is it me, or does anyone else have these issues? I love the browser, but these two issues are just small annoyances.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

I used to have issue #1. I don't recall if Android 2.2 fixed it or if the newest update of Dolphin fixed it.

3. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

I think it might have been fixed.

Have you got the latest version?

4. merrickville

merrickville Member This Topic's Starter

I'll assume I have the latest version, when I go into the App Market, it does not offer an upgrade.

Under Settings | Apps | Manage it reports Dolphin HD Version 37

In the app market it reports I have version 3.0.0

I still have both issues.

5. Kimboinatl

Kimboinatl Active Member

I'm having issue #2 as well. Additionally, it doesn't seem to want to show me the rest of the page - just the zoomed in part. Really odd.

And it locks up my phone sometimes. I've had to pop the battery out at least 3 times. Motorola Cliq w/ Android 2.1.

6. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

I've had issue #2...If you *VERY VERY LIGHTLY* touch the screen and move it, you'll move the webpage only, and not the toolbars on the left and right. You just have to have a very very light touch.

I had Opera Mini on my previous WinMo device and really liked its RSS as well was speedy surfing capabs, so I just recently installed it. I'm SO glad I did...

Because Opera Mini is just SO MUCH FASTER to surf! Using the "back" button to back to previous pages is instantaneous, no more waiting. Loading another page from a link is just as fast.

You might want to give Opera Mini a shot if you do as I do, which is mostly to read webpages, not interact. Also, Facebook on Opera Mini works great for me on both Wifi and 3G. I could never connect to Facebook on Dolphin HD when on Wifi, which was really frustrating.

The cons of Opera Mini is lack of video support (can't view Youtube vids from it)...and the spread to expand doesn't expand the navigation buttons on this forum so clicking the page 1-2-3 buttons is very challenging. But I can live with that because the page loads are amazingly fast on Opera Mini. I can spend a few more seconds trying to hit the nav buttons just right. YMMV