• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dolphin HD As Default Browser

When you open something (for example: a link to a website) it will ask you what you want to 'complete the action' with. There's a button at the bottom of the box that comes up that says 'use by default from now on' or something like that. Just check that box and click dolphin hd.

I know what you are saying. How do I get that box to pop up?

Upvote 0
I know what you are saying. How do I get that box to pop up?

Have someone text you an internet link or go to an app that will bring you to a website (Like gives you an option to visit their homepage, Etc), Then when you click it on you'll get the option to either use the default or the Dolphin one. ^^.

Reactions: la sal
Upvote 0
Have someone text you an internet link or go to an app that will bring you to a website (Like gives you an option to visit their homepage, Etc), Then when you click it on you'll get the option to either use the default or the Dolphin one. ^^.

The link opened as Dolphin browser so I guess it is already set at default. Perhaps my Android terminology is off.

I am using Go Launcher. At the bottom of my screen from left-to-right: phone icon, contact icon, application icon, messaging icon, and browser icon. My messaging icon automatically takes me to Go Launcher format for messaging. My browser icon takes my to stock(?) browser. If it is possible, I would like for it to take me to Dolphin browser. Right now I have Dolphin browser shortcut so that I can access it.

Upvote 0
The link opened as Dolphin browser so I guess it is already set at default. Perhaps my Android terminology is off.

I am using Go Launcher. At the bottom of my screen from left-to-right: phone icon, contact icon, application icon, messaging icon, and browser icon. My messaging icon automatically takes me to Go Launcher format for messaging. My browser icon takes my to stock(?) browser. If it is possible, I would like for it to take me to Dolphin browser. Right now I have Dolphin browser shortcut so that I can access it.

Press that browser button, hold it down for a few seconds. It should come up with options. Choose to change shortcut. Replace with application. Choose what you want. :) After you've chosen the Dolphin browser, press down on it again until options comes up again (if you want to use a different icon). Choose to change icon if you want it to look default.

Reactions: la sal
Upvote 0
Press that browser button, hold it down for a few seconds. It should come up with options. Choose to change shortcut. Replace with application. Choose what you want. :) After you've chosen the Dolphin browser, press down on it again until options comes up again (if you want to use a different icon). Choose to change icon if you want it to look default.

That's exactly what I was looking for! :) Thank you.

Now I can change some of those other plain looking icons. :cool:

Upvote 0
On a similar note, how can I set GO SMS as my default SMS app? I went to Manage Applications, but the defaults area was greyed out.. What to do? Using an HTC Wildfire..

Go to contacts,
Find a hommie,
Press their name,
Press the envelope,
A dialogue box should pop up,
Check the box at the bottom then select go sms

Upvote 0
When I do that, it only gives me options to replace the icon, not the function of the button. Did this change recently? :(

I'd really like to set Dolphin as my default browser...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones