Dolphin hd browser unstable on the captivate?Support

Last Updated:

1. JuneNYC

JuneNYC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I love the dolphin browser with the gesture features and pull bookmarks.but it's been crashing and page are loading slow. Anyone having the same issues with it?

Advertisement
  2. jazzman09

jazzman09 Well-Known Member

try the built in browser that is meant for the phone.

3. sonicanatidae

sonicanatidae Well-Known Member

I've only been using Dolphin HD for a day or so, but so far, its been fine for me. I cant say I've been burning up the web or anything, but the few pages I've hit have been fine.

4. dontshakepandas

dontshakepandas Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like the browser and really wanted it to work, but it just wasn't. I tried reinstalling and it still wasn't working right so I got rid of it. I'd really like the stock browser if I could change the user string agent.

5. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

According to a the latest reviews of the browser, the latest build is unstable on quite a few handsets.

6. JamesR913

JamesR913 Active Member

I have also had issues with using dolphin. It will sporadically send me to another page and that looks like I am not connected to the net, it also seems very very slow. I have friends with Evos and it flies for them. Is it just not compatible with the Captivate?

7. Baldilocks

Works like a dream for me.

8. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

did you do any of the repartitioning hacks or are you on the stock rom without any speed hacks?

comparing the evo and captivate using dolphin, on the captivate it LAGS. switching tabs, closing tabs, and using the volume button to scroll makes this very apparent. On the evo, it was very smooth and transitional.

9. Baldilocks

Stock ROM. Rooted, AT&T Bloatware removed. LauncherPro Plus. Haven't noticed any of the lag or jerkiness issues with Dolphin like I noticed with the built in browser.

(I am getting slightly over 900 on the Linkpak tests now too.)

10. beertha

beertha Active Member

I had to uninstall it too after super long page loading and slow responsiveness. I really liked the interface, features and add-ons but it had to go. Hopefully the next firmware update will make it perform better.

11. JuneNYC

wow it works great now with adw launcher. must be that pos touch wiz that's causing all the lag.

12. JuneNYC

Ok after playing with it again it's lagging again. And what happened to the long press copy paste feature?. uninstalled it yet again.

13. digger44

digger44 Member

I had to can Dolphin as well. Lots of crashes, slowness and freeze ups. Its a shame, because it's got a great interface and features.

14. ChaoticKinesis

ChaoticKinesis Well-Known Member

I had it crash many times, while trying to configure gestures. As a browser, I also found it slower than stock. Needless to say, it didn't stay on my phone long.

15. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

Dolphin has always been crap IMO. I like Xscope even though the interface really isn't that great.

16. rshimizu12

rshimizu12 Active Member

Dolphin browser 6.0.0 crashing Samsung Intercept phone. When I browse with the Dolphin 6.0.0 it shuts down the phone sometimes. I tried finding the Dolphin 5.0 HD browser but cannot find it. The original Dolphin browser is working fine.

17. Tasmin

Tasmin Well-Known Member

I haven't upgraded to the latest Dolphin yet, but it's always worked exceptionally well for me. Of course, I've never used the gesture feature either. I've always loved the extensibility of it. If this version is causing widespread problems, I'd highly recommend giving it another shot in a version or two.