dolphin HD or cackle

Last Updated:

1. escalade6103

escalade6103 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was looking into browsers and I was wondering what the pros and cons are of these browsers and what most of you x users were using, between the dolphin HD and the xscope. And if its worth it to buy it or just use the free version.

Advertisement
  2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

I myself like dolphin hd a lot... I tried the free version of x scope out and i did not like the configuration altthough x scope to what I'm told plays some flash content so if u don't want to wait until 2. 2 for flash then that may be the way to go... dolphin hd is great though but we all like different things so try a couple browsers out and see if they ate for u

3. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

I agree with trying out some browsers. I liked Dolphin but eventually decided I didn't need all of the features and the UI elements are pretty large. At one point I had Dolphin, Skyfire, xScope and Opera all installed.

Right now I use xScope as my primary browser because it's pretty lightweight and clean. I kept Opera installed for areas of bad signal/poor speeds since it does some server-side rendering.

4. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

cackle? Type that with swype ;)?

5. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

I purchased both and use them both.

6. escalade6103

LOL. Yeah I didn't realize it typed cackle till after I posted it. I left it cause I thought it would get more people to look at it.

I like dolphin HD and I downloaded the beta version and it said it has flash but I havnt tried it out yet. U said xscope is lighter, so it takes up less room on the phone or it uses less for better performance? I hav both dolphin HD beta and xscope rite nw. Both seem to be good but dolphin does have more options and a better look. So would xscope use less battery since its "lighter"?

7. escalade6103

LOL. Yeah I didn't realize it typed cackle till after I posted it. I left it cause I thought it would get more people to look at it.

I like dolphin HD and I downloaded the beta version and it said it has flash but I havnt tried it out yet. U said xscope is lighter, so it takes up less room on the phone or it uses less for better performance? I hav both dolphin HD beta and xscope rite nw. Both seem to be good but dolphin does have more options and a better look. So would xscope use less battery since its "lighter"?

8. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

I've used both and currently have settled on Xscope. HD Dolphin is definitely slower. Run a test by opening the same site with both browsers and you'll be surprised at how slow Dolphin really is.

I also agree that while the GUI of Dolphin is nice, it simply takes up too much room. With Xscope, the tabs are much smaller, and they don't even appear if you only have one tab open. In fact, you can hide everything (address bar, etc) with a simple swipe up, and show it again with a simple swipe down. This makes it really nice - especially when browsing non-mobile versions of sites.

9. BigJim94

BigJim94 Well-Known Member

I had dolphin HD but I just switched to skyfire... So far I really like it. It is fast and smooth and I no longer accidently open my bookmarks when scrolling on the page... It has flash... I don't know I might keep skyfire...

10. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

Skyfire plays some videos also. Its not too bad. I have Dolphin HD and xScope as well. I dont like, when I scroll left to right on Dolphin that the side panels sometimes open up. Other than that its not too bad. On xScope I like the one finger zooming, thats pretty cool.

J