1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Dolphin HD Questions

Last Updated:

1. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Been trying out dolphin hd and I think I like it so far, but have a few questions.

Digg.com is totally messed up. How could such a popular site be rendered so badly ot is it just me?

Any way to increase number of tabs?

Any way to close a tab without scrolling all the way to the top? I find that annoying. Is there a way to leave the tab bar at the top while scrolling down?

Any hidden settings I should know about?

Advertisement
  2. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

The digg site is rendered poorly. It could be the fault of the browser or the way the site could be coded poorly... don't know. Perhaps you may want to try changing the User Agent to iPhone and see how it renders.

IIRC, eight is the maximum number of tabs allowed.

You can either use a gesture to automatically scroll to the top. Alternatively, you canopen the toolbar on the right side of your screen and swipe down on the arrow there... it will show you window views of your open tabs.

For useful info, just open your bookmarks toolbar (left side of your screen) and go to the Dolphin HD site.

3. lexluthor

Is there any way to set the user agent on a per site basis? I think xScope can do that.

4. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

I have my user agent set to desktop and digg.com looks fine on my Evo.

5. lexluthor

I don't know, but it's a mess on my X. I've cleared the cache.

6. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

If you are NOT in full screen mode, pressing the phone's physical menu button will show the tabs. Unfortunately, dolphin hd has gone a bit downhill since it was first released. You used to be able to flick at the top of the screen to see the tabs. An update is supposedly coming soon so hopefully that'll get fixed.

You can download a plugin for dolphin HD that allows you to quickly change between mobile and desktop views.