dolphin hd - search button change to co.ukSupport

Last Updated:

1. bluebumfluff

bluebumfluff Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I've asked this before but didn't get an answer. Currently using dolphin hd on my desire. When using the soft search button is there anyway of changing it to search via Google.co.UK and not Google.com. its really annoying when your search results are all for American sites. The stock desire browser uses co.UK but I much prefer dolphin hd.

Has anyone figured out a way of sorting this out. ?

Cheers
    Russ.

Advertisement
  2. bluebumfluff

Bump

3. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

Not completely sure what you are looking for but you can change the homepage to google.co.uk in settings and also can change the .com button on the stock keyboard to show .co.uk

If its not that be a little more specific :)

4. bluebumfluff

Cheers jay Kay.
    Sorry for not being clear. What I meant was that when you open dolphin hd and then press the magnify glass button on the phone, it searches through google.com and not Google.co.UK. this is what I want to know if you can change.

Out of interest, how do you change the .com on the keyboard to .co.UK.

Cheers for the help.

5. justinhui

justinhui New Member

Hi
    I'm having the same problem. If you use the address/search bar in Dolphin browser to search, it always uses google.com. This is really annoying for anyone who doesn't live in the USA.

Is there any way to change it?

Thanks

6. sam3317

sam3317 New Member

Is there any chance anyone can get to the bottom of this. It can't be that hard to do I just want the search function on Dolphin HD to change to search on google.co.uk not .com.

7. cfc

cfc Well-Known Member

Has anyone figured this out yet then? Really annoys me, so hard to find the UK sites when using the search

8. gtcodave

gtcodave New Member

Sorry to resurrect bad news but I've been on the hunt on and off for the past week for simple ways to get UK support for Dolphin HD and Firefox.

I'm sorry to say it but there simply isn't any support for UK users except in policy agreements.

We're just not important enough.

We're not alone though. Sweden is another modern country which gets no support.

Almost every other country in the modern world is blessed with optimised and localised search results.

Sad, but true. UK are always left out since version 2 of the desktop version.