• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help dolphin hd - search button change to co.uk

bluebumfluff

Mar 28, 2010
Hi,
I've asked this before but didn't get an answer. Currently using dolphin hd on my desire. When using the soft search button is there anyway of changing it to search via Google.co.UK and not Google.com. its really annoying when your search results are all for American sites. The stock desire browser uses co.UK but I much prefer dolphin hd.

Has anyone figured out a way of sorting this out. ?

Cheers
Russ.

Cheers jay Kay.
Sorry for not being clear. What I meant was that when you open dolphin hd and then press the magnify glass button on the phone, it searches through google.com and not Google.co.UK. this is what I want to know if you can change.

Out of interest, how do you change the .com on the keyboard to .co.UK.

Cheers for the help.

Upvote 0
Sorry to resurrect bad news but I've been on the hunt on and off for the past week for simple ways to get UK support for Dolphin HD and Firefox.

I'm sorry to say it but there simply isn't any support for UK users except in policy agreements.

We're just not important enough.

We're not alone though. Sweden is another modern country which gets no support.

Almost every other country in the modern world is blessed with optimised and localised search results.

Sad, but true. UK are always left out since version 2 of the desktop version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones