DolphinHD become worthless to anyone else with 2.2?

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since updating to Froyo, DolphinHD has become a tremendous hassle. By that I mean that clicking links does not even register half the time. Sometimes it will highlight the link and just sit. Sometimes it takes longpressing a link and choosing 'open' for it to do so, and half the time that doesn't work.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it with same results. I'm dumping it until this is fixed. With eclair, it was by far the best browser for me. Now, it just sucks dust.

Reading the comments on the market page for it shows that a number of 2.2 Evo owners are experiencing the same thing. I've tried to deal with it for almost a week and am going with Opera for the time being. Just disappointing.

Advertisement
  2. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

in addition to that, i think it was crashing Sense after hitting 'home'. Things have been running much better since getting rid of it.

3. ekang

ekang Well-Known Member

hmmm...i got dolphin HD for the first time after the froyo update and i LOVE it. I havent had problems with it except that it cannot open up my school email website. otherwise, no problems

4. Minjin

Minjin Well-Known Member

I'm on 2.1 and have the same issue with this browser. This is nothing new.

5. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

lately it's been freezing up. some sites i can't even swipe to scroll down, only up (such as buzzfeed.com) it sucks, but it works better than the stock.

6. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

No issues whatsoever with Dolphin after update. Sorry, can't help OP. But will say I did a hard reset. Perhaps why I have no issues with it.

7. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

Scrolling isn't as smooth for me. Hopefully it's updated soon.

8. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

The developer stated a big update is coming. Froyo messed it up.

9. ebc1973

ebc1973 Well-Known Member

I too have been having a problem with Dolphin, though it is very small. It does not seem to remember preferences. For example, every time I visit Google (My homepage, so I visit it often), the browser informs me that "www.google.com wants to know your location". It has the check box to remember the preference. It does not matter if I hit allow or decline, it will always ask me when I get on Google. I have unchecked the remember preference box, then re-checked it, and I have also made my choice with it un-checked. No matter what combination, it will ask every single time. Very annoying. Aside from that, no other issues.