Donate to my Hero fund :)

Last Updated:

1. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been dying to get my hands on a Hero, but like so many others in today's economy, a $500 purchase is a bit tough to make. I was hoping perhaps a few of my fellow Android-philes would like to help out.

I can offer a fairly diverse set of skills in exchange (I'm somewhat of a Jack of all trades), from a working knowledge of Windows C++ and simple web design, to construction and carpentry. I'd also like to get into app development on the Android platform (meaning I'd have to brush up on my Java), but I would love to help realize your various app dreams :)

So how about it? Would anyone care to toss a couple bucks my way?

Advertisement
  2. computerboyo

computerboyo Well-Known Member

What will you do for me? I would like an app that turns off when the misses walks in the room.

3. quantumrand

Does she have an Android phone as well? It'd be possible to make an app that can do that using the GPS as a sort of proximity sensor, but she would need to have a sort of companion app installed that tells your phone where she is.

Another option would be using the bluetooth signal strength, but her phone's bluetooth would need to be on and visible.

4. computerboyo

computerboyo Well-Known Member

whoa dude, that's quality, I didn't even know what was possible, yes she has the HTC Hero aswell. How come the Hero is going to cost you $500?? I take you are buying sim free?

5. quantumrand

Correct, the unlocked Hero is about $500-600. I live in the US, and I'm pretty much stuck with AT&T.