Done...

Last Updated:

1. tmcewan259

tmcewan259 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

unlike others who announce that they are done with Droid....mine is announcing I am done with 2.1

Took the plunge and slowly and carefully followed the guides to Root. Took my time and verified each step like three times along with videos.

In the end only one question....why did I wait.

Thanks to all that encourage and provide guides, etc. Could not (and would not) have taken the plunge without the feedback and experiences on here.

Whew....now back to learning my way around the new system.

Advertisement
  2. Diver88

Diver88 Active Member

lol sweet! i remember the relief i felt when i was done rooting and flashing my first rom and everything worked as it should... its like having a new phone.

3. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

Congrats. Sounds like you did it the smart way, carefully with triple checks. Welcome to the addictive world of custom roms. Froyo is pretty sweet so far. Open up the throttle on your processor with a overclock kernel and enjoy a lag free experience!

4. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

Ditto! I did mine yesterday evening. Followed the videos, step by step, worked great! Wish I'd done it weeks ago when I first thought about it...LOL.
    Enjoy froyo everyone...if you haven't done it yet...do it!

5. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

I still don't see why someone wouldn't root (sorry, double negative).. its easy, and how many brick cases do you even hear about? I should have done it day one instead of waiting 2 months.

6. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Wow, I love root.. there is no way I'd go back either.

7. CardinalFan22

CardinalFan22 Active Member

Can you point me to the videos and such you used im ready for froyo ;)

8. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

I am about a week old with BB .03 and a 1.0 ULV kernel. Phone is running smooth, and quick as hell. HOWEVER.

Could someone recommend a kernel that is battery friendly? I know that over clocking to twice the speed of what came stock is going to take its toll on the battery. But, my DROID that lasted all day on one full charge, is now tanking after moderate usage by noon.

9. Mr. Yuck

Mr. Yuck Active Member

In my case it's the fear that I'll mess something up. I'm afraid rooting may be over my head....which as several posts in different threads have pointed out means rooting probably isn't for me.
    I'm getting closer to taking the plunge....not quite there yet.

10. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

If you have waited this long then just wait. The official 2.2 is around the corner. As to the earlier post the only reason I have not tried rooting again, and screwed my last droid, is that the first time I ever tried to root my windows 7 on my comp would not accept the usb drivers and I could not access the sd card to transfer files and it ruined it. Then the phone would not take the official 2.1 when I went back to stock so I will never try root again. Plus I have no lag or any reasons to not love stock.

11. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

I'm not a battery nut...meaning I don't notice a big difference with regard to battery life from one ROM to the next HOWEVER, BB 0.4 with Chevy's 1.1GHz has been incredible for battery life. I'm talking big difference for me.

Make sure you wipe data, and then format all of your other partitions (boot, data, system, cache) before loading.

12. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

I have Chevy's 1.0 right now. I am assuming 1.1 will be a bigger toll on the battery? Maybe not.. Which one are you using? ULV? LV?

What is the consequence of not wiping and formating? Just curious because the last kernel I loaded, I did not do this.

13. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

When you install a ROM, you will want to wipe normally. Kernals you install the same way but dont wipe. I am using Chevs low volt 1.0GHz.... I have too many forcecloses with ultra low.