Don't be shy - admit it - have you dropped your droid yet?

Last Updated:

1. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator This Topic's Starter

So far no.

I'm a compulsive phone dropper though so.. we'll see how long I can make it. I also don't use any protective coverings as I tried it with the Voyager and eventually got tired of it and just decided to go in the nude. So if I drop this - it's gunna hurt!

Let's hear it. Who's dropped it? On concrete perhaps? Ouchies?

Advertisement
  2. angusn

angusn Active Member

Mine dropped onto carpet the first day. No adverse effects at all.

3. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I have not dropped it but my granddaughter did knock it off of the end table onto the carpeted floor. I have the silicone/gel cover and it was on carpet so I didn't even lose a single heartbeat.

4. OctoMom

OctoMom Well-Known Member

Nope, not yet and hopefully not ever.

5. wsbsteven

wsbsteven Well-Known Member

Mine fell about 2 inches to the palm rest of my keyboard which is squishy, no damage (obviously).

6. blazingwolf

blazingwolf Well-Known Member

Not yet but I'm waiting for the first time (shudder).

7. ginigma

ginigma Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the insurance/protection plan on their phone? I've dropped previous phones in the past, but they were all cheaper phones, so I didn't care as much as this one.

8. Kamilli0n

Kamilli0n Well-Known Member

As heavy as this thing is, if it drops any kind of distance its going to hit HARD.

9. SilverK20A3

SilverK20A3 Member

My Verizon store guy pulled the box from the outer sleeve and the phone dropped 4 inches screen face down onto a stack of papers... I just shrugged it off.

10. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member

I dropped it from my desk to linoleum floor...have a protective plastic cover on it and screen protection. Still my heart stopped till I turned it on and it worked. I have never ever carried insurance on a phone, but with this one I picked it up. I've never needed insurance either, I'm compulsive with my cell phones. I'll give myself a few months to get over my paranoia and then likely drop the insurance.

11. elucas730

elucas730 Active Member

How clumsy do you have to be to drop a phone?

12. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator This Topic's Starter

I don't mean drop as in you're holding it, looking at it, then woops, down it goes.

I'm talkin' all sorts of scenarios. ..Get out of your car while it's in your lap or, lean over to far while it's in your shirt pocket, or texting in your driveway and get nailed by a running child. Or have a cat bat it off your kitchen island. Etc. All of which have happened to me. (fortunately not with this phone).

It happens. If you don't drop yours (ever) - you're one of the few. I wouldn't consider myself extra non-clumsy. I would consider myself lucky.

13. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

But this isn't just any phone , it has Android :D

14. King James

King James Active Member

lol, you have never dropped a phone? I'm very confident that if that is true (which I highly doubt) you are in the extreme minority as basically everyone drops their phone in some way at least a few times.

15. Graz

Graz Well-Known Member

No doubt about that, I'm pretty confident in saying everyone's phone has fallen one way or another.

King James tough loss on Saturday huh? Hopefully Ricky Stanzi can come back quick. (sorry for the small jack of the thread)

16. King James

King James Active Member

Yah, and I'm from WI... so had to deal with the Packers on Sunday

/threadjack

17. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

I hope its ok for a G1 owner to post in this Droid thread.

I have lost count of the times I have dropped mine. The worst was ridding my bicycle down hill on a paved trail. It rings, I pull it out of my belt pouch and down it goes. I am going along between 15 & 20 mph when thwe phone hits the ground and goes slidding. The clear protective cover absorbed most of the impact, got scratched up and came off the phone.

I didn't even lose the call. Wasn't even any damage to the phone shell.

18. jer.lawrence

jer.lawrence Well-Known Member

Mine hit the carpeted floor off of my nightstand last night. I also have the rubberish cover, so didn't really fret.

Also, hello.

19. gthrift

gthrift Guest

My dog tripped over the power cord and brought the phone down about 2 feet on to hardwood floors. No damage and I wasn't concerned. This phone is solidly built.

20. justchilln

justchilln Active Member

Not dropped mine yet but have the body glove so not worried

21. elucas730

elucas730 Active Member

Nope, never dropped a phone. Its pretty easy to not drop a phone

22. Graz

Graz Well-Known Member

You have never ever dropped a cell phone?? Or it has never fallen off of anything? Nice to meet you, one of a kind.

23. dw0095

dw0095 Well-Known Member

I have to stop and check before I step out of my vehicle...I used to drop my Razr all the time because I forgot it was in my lap. This baby get's a designated resting area in my center console. :D

p.s. I did opt for the insurance...they told me that no matter what happens, it's covered with a deductible. let's hope it's true.

24. derrickonline

derrickonline Member

Haven't dropped mine yet.

To poster elucas: You ask that question as if to imply that anyone who drops their phone must be some sort of bumbling iddiot.

It's actually quite easy to drop a phone that does so much. Think about it. You get off a phone call, rotate the screen, slide out the keyboard and proceed to visit androidforums.com, during that process you somehow let the Droid slip through your fingers. Shit happens. I dropped my Palm Pre a few times, but surprisingly I dropped my iPhone much less.

Maybe the more fragile or expensive the device feels the more we go for the football save to protect it. :D

25. elucas730

elucas730 Active Member

I have never dropped a phone in such a manner that I worried about it being damaged. Lightly toss it onto a counter? Sure. Drop it from my hands to the floor? No way. Can't be too one of a kind since I just had a conversation with a guy who expressed the same thing I did...how do you drop a phone? What else do you drop? Ipods? Laptops? Babies?