• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Don't Buy Clarivue

faisals

Lurker
May 8, 2010
I recently received my clarivue screen protectors and list the following for your consideration (please note that this is not a review)

Pros:
1) Crystal Clear is really crystal clear and does not mar the brightness or sharpness of the screen in any way.
2) Clarivue provides two screen protectors in the packaging.
3) Easy to apply with static cling, allowing you to remove and reapply in case of dust or air bubbles under the protector.

Cons:
1) There is a weird cut out at the bottom where the joystick is located and Clarivue fails to highlight the same on their website. This though is not a very big problem but feels and looks very odd. Especially when you move your finger over the joystick, you feel a strange disconnect because of the missing protector.
2) The size of the screen protector is not correct. It covers the complete screen in the horizontal direction but the dimensions in the vertical direction leave a significant part unprotected both at the top and bottom.
3) Attracts finger prints like crazy. You will end up wiping your screen after every use.
4) Clarivue will only take back your screen protectors if they are unused.
5) Clarivue charges a $3 restocking fee (about 30% restocking fee, which is really strange, considering that this is not an electrical appliance).

Just my 2 cents, I like clarivue products and have been a regular customer but the HTC incredible screen protector leaves a lot to be desired!!

I own the HTC Incredible:), and have tried a few different screen protectors, from zag " orange peel effect", seidio "scratches very easy and lots of finger prints" to the Clarivue Anti-Glare "which does not leave any fingerprints or smudges behind" it really works, you can feel the anti-glare film on the front of the screen which lets your finger slide across the screen like butter, the screen does look a bit fogged out, but still looks great "and keeps the glare out, for better outdoor visibility, and it does not scratch like the seidio or most of the so called clear guard screens. I will take the Anti-Glare no smudge or fingerprint screen over the clear screen any time, oily fingerprints on the screen just drive me nuts:D.

Upvote 0
I have the clarivue privacy one and it's great. Sure, because of the privacy component, the screen isn't crystal clear, but that's a sacrifice i'm willing to make. The cutout for the joystick seems fine - I don't mind it as long as it functions.

Mine does't attract fingerprints, but that's becuase it's a matte finish. I just wish they had left a cutout for the LED and the light sensors because it's impossible to see the LED from the sides haha

other than that i'm very satisfied.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones