• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dont buy this phone

4.3" screened phones suck. They are so big thay dont fit into your pocket. Where are we supposed to carry them in our underwear???

4.3" screened phones = Gimmick/Joke, dont waste your money on them.

Not much bigger than iphone. Thinner than Iphone, a lot more screen real estate than Iphone and if it is amoled then it consumes less power and has deeper blacks than iphone. Thats pretty Fing sweet to me.

Upvote 0
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!! OHHHH MY GOD!! THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!! I TOTALLY GOT IT!!........not really.

I will say this. 4.3in-screen=dead battery. If ppl are already ticked about the Eris battery this is only going to get worse.

The droid only has 100MA more rating on the battery than the Eris yet has a bigger screen much higher rez and faster proc. I would presume a new HTC phone with bigger screen, especially an amoled would negate the battery issues of the eris or at least match the battery life due to more efficient proc, screen and probably powermanagement of A2.0/1 vs 1.5

Upvote 0
The iphone ALREADY is a large phone. The 4.3" screened units are MONSTERS. No, they do not fit in your pocket.

I am currently on the 3GS and it is not noticeable in the pocket, esp compared to my older phones like the touch pro and the mogul which were more brickish. The Droids thinness was great but the weight and way the screen slid open were what made it a little annoying but still more pocketable IMO than the TP or mogul. Its really the thinness that matters most but if the dimensions were any larger then it would start pushing the limit.

Upvote 0
Who the heck wants a 4.3" screen on a PHONE?? Not me.

4.3" screen BAD idea. Does not fit into your pocket and you have to have a mini laptop bag to carry it around. TOO FUNNY!!! LOLZ!!!!!!

don't put it in your pocket...use a belt holder...problem solved...do you know anyone who puts their BB S2 in their pockets? if the HD2 came to VZW as an Android variant...it would be a real game changer...

but i don't think I can wait either....NE2 was up in sept...and i'm on a 1st gen Voyager

Upvote 0
don't put it in your pocket...use a belt holder...problem solved...do you know anyone who puts their BB S2 in their pockets?

My Storm1 goes in my pocket, no problem and that's with a hard case on. Maybe your all's pants are too tight. lol

I carried my first HTC on a belt clip and somehow it got knocked off me and I didn't notice. Not surprisingly it was never found. So now it's always in my pocket or purse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones