Don't dig on Ice CreamGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-03-01 15:58:53
  1. paranoid_android

paranoid_android Well-Known Member

Performance is very poor all around. Everything has been sluggish: changing cursor position, opening the otherwise awesome new tray tool, etc. Battery life has suffered a little as well.

Also, WHY NO BACK-BUTTON ON MOUSE!?!? I really, really liked that.

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

It can take a couple of reboots to settle down, it does fly eventually though.

Mouse actions can be found in Settings -> Asus Customised Settings -> Mouse Actions -> Right Button Behaviour. There should be an option there to change the behaviour.

I kind of agree with you on the battery thing too, but it's too early for me to say.
  3. paranoid_android

paranoid_android Well-Known Member

Heh, just found that too. Strange place to put it, unless the new Android standard is to have a settings tab that's platform specific on all devices.

Hope you're right about the speed thing. Ich.

Thanks for the reply, btw.
  4. clgwli

clgwli Well-Known Member

I've rebooted 3x now just to do it - I was actually having a lag on reboots so I wanted to test it out, and for me ICS is way faster than Honeycomb ever was. Typing on the web now isn't a PITA for me and the pages are loading really quick.

Not sure about battery life here either as I just did this late yesterday. I also admittedly don't really pay attention to how long I get on my battery anyway. So I can't comment on that.
  5. dirksterg30

dirksterg30 Member

ICS is running faster with better web browsing that HC on my Transformer. I am having a wierd issue though - intermittently most of the icons on the home screen will disappear. If I click where the icon was, the app will still open up. The only way to temporarily fix it is a restart via the power button.
  6. dirksterg30

dirksterg30 Member

Update on my issue (icons disappearing from the home screen) - restoring the tablet back to factory settings and then reinstalling everything did the trick. The curious thing is when I restored it, it did not restore back to the Honeycomb OS (which is what it was installed when I bought it. It restored to ICS.

Regretfully, the backup app I used backed everything up to the sdcard directory, which is not located on the SD card, but in internal memory. I did not realize this until after the system wipe. I had to reinstall all the apps again, customize my home screen etc.
  7. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Yes, 'Factory Reset' is a bit misleading. All this does is wipe all of your current data and apps, it doesn't actually do anything to the current OS, so whatever ROM or OTA updates that have been installed will still be there after the reset. It doesn't actually reset the device to like it was out of the factory.