• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I've rebooted 3x now just to do it - I was actually having a lag on reboots so I wanted to test it out, and for me ICS is way faster than Honeycomb ever was. Typing on the web now isn't a PITA for me and the pages are loading really quick.

Not sure about battery life here either as I just did this late yesterday. I also admittedly don't really pay attention to how long I get on my battery anyway. So I can't comment on that.

Upvote 0
Update on my issue (icons disappearing from the home screen) - restoring the tablet back to factory settings and then reinstalling everything did the trick. The curious thing is when I restored it, it did not restore back to the Honeycomb OS (which is what it was installed when I bought it. It restored to ICS.

Regretfully, the backup app I used backed everything up to the sdcard directory, which is not located on the SD card, but in internal memory. I did not realize this until after the system wipe. I had to reinstall all the apps again, customize my home screen etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones