• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

don't hate me

HAT MAN

Dec 14, 2009
so new guy here and new guy to smartphones but picking up speed.

already made my nightstand dock with a great old POLARIS credit card :D

I did do searching but ADHD is too much to handle so here goes. Gonna try to get all in one here

1. still getting notification and double delete proms with handcent app how can I fix it?
2. had a funny ringer for texts and it just stopped playing, it shows in my play all mucsic app but can't figure out how to move it to text notification it only gives me the option of call ringer?
3.night clock app is cool but it only lets me adjust color. Dimmer stays the same no matter if its at 0 or 100. I also cant figure out how to make a song my morning wake up?
4 lastly how do I read the new texts, with HCent if I didnt get to it it just says new mes and goes to the history and will show all my people with there number of texts so I have to check each person to see what one is the new one.

All help is appreciated.

1. still getting notification and double delete proms with handcent app how can I fix it?

To get rid of the notifications from the original app simply go into it and hit: Menu->Settings-> uncheck Notifications near the bottom of the settings list. This will then disable the app from alerting you and then handcent will only give notifications

http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/12849-handcent-sms.html

2. had a funny ringer for texts and it just stopped playing, it shows in my play all mucsic app but can't figure out how to move it to text notification it only gives me the option of call ringer?

You have to make 2 directories on your SD Card. One called ringtones and the other called notifications. Then you can mount your phone to your computer, and copy the files you from your computer to the SD Card. And then you should be able to select the files you want under the settings.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/18105-custom-ringtones-text-sounds.html

3.night clock app is cool but it only lets me adjust color. Dimmer stays the same no matter if its at 0 or 100. I also cant figure out how to make a song my morning wake up?

????? I dont use this App

4 lastly how do I read the new texts, with HCent if I didnt get to it it just says new mes and goes to the history and will show all my people with there number of texts so I have to check each person to see what one is the new one.

????? I dont use handcent

Upvote 0
i've made a folder in the root directory of the sd card called "ringtones" and also "notifications". I saw this on another forum and tried it. Although it works for ringtones, when I go to settings>sound&display>Notification sound, the only choices are still the stock sounds. I've tried adding them as a ringtone from the Music app as well that comes stock with the Eris. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Is it because I set the artist as "Ringtones" in the MP3 tag? Thanks!

Upvote 0
i've made a folder in the root directory of the sd card called "ringtones" and also "notifications". I saw this on another forum and tried it. Although it works for ringtones, when I go to settings>sound&display>Notification sound, the only choices are still the stock sounds. I've tried adding them as a ringtone from the Music app as well that comes stock with the Eris. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Is it because I set the artist as "Ringtones" in the MP3 tag? Thanks!

All of my notifications (and ring tones for that matter) are .wav files. Not sure if the file type is the reason yours isnt working, but you could give it a try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones