don't have a clue about androids.

Last Updated:

1. francismel

francismel New Member

Hi all,

Its my first time in here. I finally decided to lookf or some help after how many months of purchasing an android tablet in spain and since being back in london. the stupid thing is not working as it should. I am unable to connect my wifi to this thing. The only way it works is if it is via my computer. The other problem is that it keeps sayign sd card is full, however, there is no sd card in th slot. So confused right about now. i even gave it to my brother to have as he wanted it and i could not use it, but he also cannto work it either. Is it that i have been cheated with from spain???? Someoen help me please!

Advertisement
  2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

I am confused too. You come here looking for help yet haven't provided any information that could possible help us help you. How about the Make/Model of your phone and what carrier you are on?
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Hello and happy new year francismel, welcome to Android Forums.

I think so.

What you describe sounds typical of an el-cheapo Chinese tablet. They often don't have much internal storage, which tends to fill up rather quickly, and I'm sure this is what it's referring to as "SD-card" or internal memory card. The best thing you can do here is put an SD-card in the slot, external memory card, and try and move apps and other content to it, and clear out any caches as well, like the internet browser.

The problematic WiFi is a frequent issue with cheapo tablets as well. You could try resetting your WiFi router, that can sometimes clear any connectivity issues. See if it works on open public WiFi. Unfortunately if you can't return it, i.e. going back to Spain, you'll have to put up with it.

You migh want to read the forum sticky about these things...
    http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html

BTW is your tablet the "Sharpixels" you got listed in your profile > devices? I just Google'd "Sharpixels" and the second hit was another forum post, "I bought a sharpixels tablet on Tenerife", but apparently this one has bricked itself. Which is another all too frequent problem with cheapo off-brand Android tablets.
    Crashdamage and SirSpace like this.