• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help don't know how to get music on the droid x

Change your USB mode to mass storage (by clicking the usb thing in your notification shade when you're connected)

Make a folder on your sdcard for your music, doesn't matter what you call it.

Drag all you music into it.

Change your mode back to PC, or disconnect USB (doesn't matter, just need to system to remount your sdcard)

launch music -- your songs should populate the app, though it may take a while depending on how many you loaded.

Upvote 0
Change your USB mode to mass storage (by clicking the usb thing in your notification shade when you're connected)

Make a folder on your sdcard for your music, doesn't matter what you call it.

Drag all you music into it.

Change your mode back to PC, or disconnect USB (doesn't matter, just need to system to remount your sdcard)

launch music -- your songs should populate the app, though it may take a while depending on how many you loaded.

How the heck do you drag music files from DoubleTwist to the SD music folder??

Upvote 0
^^^ What Fabulous said.

Anyone know how to disable browser opening Verizon software page every time you connect in PC mode? It's annoying. Plus, their bloatware doesn't even work on 64-bit Win.

FYI, my DX does not cause any browsers to open at all. It will open MotoConnect if the DX is in PC Mode.

Out of curiosity, what software is it trying to offer?

Upvote 0
How the heck do you drag music files from DoubleTwist to the SD music folder??

I gave up on double twist after it kept failing to sync with the DX and wouldn't remember my scanning preferences, and just use Windows Media Player to add multiple playlists to the DX.

You can actually ignore doubletwist, and just drag the music files (copy and paste) them into a folder on the DX in your PC's file manager (i.e. Windows Explorer).

To use WMP for syncing, I keep the phone in PC mode. I have a playlist with ALL my music in it, then multiple actual playlists. The nice part is that it only needs to add the new songs you're syncing, so if you're making new playlists with songs that are already synced, it just needs to throw the playlist file on the phone and it's over quick.

Upvote 0
FYI, my DX does not cause any browsers to open at all. It will open MotoConnect if the DX is in PC Mode.

Out of curiosity, what software is it trying to offer?

It won't open the browser page on my home laptop where I installed Verizon MediaCast (and MotoConnect with it), but my work laptop has 64 bit Vista. MediaCast only works for 32-bit systems, so it won't install. And now every time I connect DX to my work laptop it opens Verizon MediaCast page. Ughghg.

I will try to install MotoConnect just to turn it off.

Upvote 0
You can drag and drop, use windows media player or download Motorola Media Link from the following link:

Motorola Media Link - Overview - Motorola USA

For someone with iTunes playlists and new to the Droid X and Android, the Moto app linked above might be better to start with.

A big thank you to you for posting your answer. It has helped me tremendously. Definitely using Motorola Media Link is the answer if you want music transferred from Itunes to your X. Again, thank you. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones