dcim
    • camera
    download
    handcent
    media
    • audio
    • notifications
    messaging

I can't figure out where to put my music. No matter where I tried to put the music (all mp3) it said the format wasn't supported. I'm lost.

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Change your USB mode to mass storage (by clicking the usb thing in your notification shade when you're connected)

Make a folder on your sdcard for your music, doesn't matter what you call it.

Drag all you music into it.

Change your mode back to PC, or disconnect USB (doesn't matter, just need to system to remount your sdcard)

launch music -- your songs should populate the app, though it may take a while depending on how many you loaded.

3. paulney

paulney Member

^^^ What Fabulous said.

Anyone know how to disable browser opening Verizon software page every time you connect in PC mode? It's annoying. Plus, their bloatware doesn't even work on 64-bit Win.

4. ndfan4u

ndfan4u Well-Known Member

How the heck do you drag music files from DoubleTwist to the SD music folder??

5. Fenotyp

Fenotyp Well-Known Member

FYI, my DX does not cause any browsers to open at all. It will open MotoConnect if the DX is in PC Mode.

Out of curiosity, what software is it trying to offer?

6. Fenotyp

Fenotyp Well-Known Member

I gave up on double twist after it kept failing to sync with the DX and wouldn't remember my scanning preferences, and just use Windows Media Player to add multiple playlists to the DX.

You can actually ignore doubletwist, and just drag the music files (copy and paste) them into a folder on the DX in your PC's file manager (i.e. Windows Explorer).

To use WMP for syncing, I keep the phone in PC mode. I have a playlist with ALL my music in it, then multiple actual playlists. The nice part is that it only needs to add the new songs you're syncing, so if you're making new playlists with songs that are already synced, it just needs to throw the playlist file on the phone and it's over quick.

7. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

Skip DoubleTwist and just drag your actual mp3s onto your SD card. Then remount the card and open your audio app of choice.

8. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

You can drag and drop, use windows media player or download Motorola Media Link from the following link:

Motorola Media Link - Overview - Motorola USA

For someone with iTunes playlists and new to the Droid X and Android, the Moto app linked above might be better to start with.

9. paulney

paulney Member

It won't open the browser page on my home laptop where I installed Verizon MediaCast (and MotoConnect with it), but my work laptop has 64 bit Vista. MediaCast only works for 32-bit systems, so it won't install. And now every time I connect DX to my work laptop it opens Verizon MediaCast page. Ughghg.

I will try to install MotoConnect just to turn it off.

10. maquina

maquina Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is completely off topic, but I recently purchased an iPod and I should be receiving my DX soon (hopefully). My question is, is the Droid X is good music player or should I keep my iPod? Also will it sync with my Mac? Maybe I should post somewhere else?

11. ndfan4u

ndfan4u Well-Known Member

A big thank you to you for posting your answer. It has helped me tremendously. Definitely using Motorola Media Link is the answer if you want music transferred from Itunes to your X. Again, thank you. :D

12. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

^Glad it worked out for you. It's actually not bad and it seems Motorola isn't pushing it hard enough.

13. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

right-click the moto taskbar icon. 'when phone connects, launch...nothing'.

14. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

You can also download vcast media manager.

15. DrJD

DrJD Well-Known Member

Wow, nobody has mentioned the easiest way!!

Tunesync !! 5 bucks in the marketplace and you can sync directly with iTunes, and it keeps your playlists in tact. Best thing about it? Does it all wirelessly over your wifi network. Best 5 dollars I've spent since I got the droid x...