dont know what iam running.

Last Updated:

1. zaphodbebleebrox

zaphodbebleebrox Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i had crazies with droid today. i played with like 4 kernels today, checking the scores of em all (except V5). got bored & started playing with themes and got into trouble. i like the dark themes so i download this one but the letters were too small (iam old).so i couldnt get rid of the theme so i tried a clockwork restore which worked. except i started getting forced close of android.something.core that i couldnt get to go away. so then i restored a backup of one of the un modded kernels which finally worked. so i rooted and all. then the phone unrooted !!! and i had to do it again !!

so now iam running a half glossy dark theme thats stripped of a few things on my 1.2 kernel. it all changed for the better when i deleted the lag fix folder in voodoo.

i really cant describe what it is exactly cause i never did reload 1.2 after getting the force errors. i loaded stock and after rooting i have the 1.2.

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

i cant give you a good answer as to what you are running, but if you want to know for sure, id load a new rom/kernel combo and keep track from there :)

3. zaphodbebleebrox

i had one process that was forceclosing after i restored a backup. doesnt put much faith in rom manager / clockwork backups.

the process is android.process.core force close. i have read its like death to android and is unfixable. what freaked me was my phone was returned to stock somehow, it was very strange and no i wasnt drinking. LOL

even though i did a wipe i still have glossy dark with facebook & my space attached to it. COULD i odin the dirk kernel i have and wipe / recover just that kernel ? iam runnung on that kernel but there are still pieces of that theme still hanging around.

would like EVERYTHING to be kosher down the road.

4. nitsuj17

if you had voodoo installed...you must kill it before returning the phone to stock or it wont entirely take

5. zaphodbebleebrox

what do you think of Stupid Fast v1.54 for DJ05? does that just not have the ol voodoo charm ?

6. nitsuj17

i havent used any geeknik kernels for DJ05, so i cant comment from personal experience...but those who are using them seem to like them :)

7. zaphodbebleebrox

i think i have partial launch manager pro or ADW ??? cause it came with a kernel i flashed. the kernel had all these options and i choose glossy black but i couldnt read the font and tried to restore voodoo over it is when i got thje force closes cause supposedly its in the sync ing even though sync wasnt on.

so now i have this glossy dark theme from somewhere running on old voodoo

8. zaphodbebleebrox

there are 8000 + questions about this android.process.acore force close issue. its a real killer.

9. nitsuj17

ive gotten acore fc's before....just did odin back to stock and i was fine :eek:

10. zaphodbebleebrox

No phone. No internet. Why I have to be conservative with what I run. If phone were total toy would be different.

11. nitsuj17

did you remove voodoo properly?

did you odin the pit/system, then kernel, then recovery?

12. zaphodbebleebrox

I tried stupid fast was too slot. Super clean. Went back to sv1200 I was getting the FC so I just reloaded sv1200

13. zaphodbebleebrox

It all started when I went to load glossy dark and I could read the icons and I've tried to re same over though. I've tried to do a clockwork restore that's when I started getting the android process hey core force close

14. nitsuj17

i would manually remove vooodoo with adb [How to] Completely Remove Voodoo Lagfix - xda-developers following all the steps and killing data

then i would odin back to stock..and go from there

15. zaphodbebleebrox

Nothing is faster than voodoo. I'm waiting for an overclocked voodo froyo kernel.

16. nitsuj17

actually i think everyone would agree the last DI01 nonvoodoo kernels were superior to october oc voodoo.

personally i think on DJ05 voodoo5 is far better than stock but not everyone agrees with that :)

17. saps

saps Well-Known Member

We're all waiting for that :p

Yeah that was a fun week that last week of DI01 before DJ05 dropped. And you're right different people see and feel things differently. Im with you on last DI01>october voodoo but again not everyone shares that opinion. I also dont see any perceivable edge with voodoo5 and sometimes it lags on me more than non. But again not everyone has that opinion. What is nice is the continuing variety of choices we have

18. nitsuj17

yup...though to me october voodoo seems....stone age :eek:

19. saps

saps Well-Known Member

That cause you're on IRC too much where 1 hour of dev time is 1 like a month back in the world, some kind of Einstein Rosen Bridge opens up anytime we go in there :p

20. nitsuj17

:D