1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Like Thread Format of Texting

Last Updated:

1. dman777

dman777 Member This Topic's Starter

I can't get used to the texting app that comes on the Epic 4g. It uses thread format which I can't adjust to. I would like to have normal text messages where I can reply to one or start a new one. Can anyone help? Is there a diff app I could use?

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Hmm there are other apps like Handcent and Chomp but they also use the thread format. I'm not sure of any that don't.

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

There is no way to get rid of the threaded format.

4. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

threaded txting is one of my FAVORITE android features... i wouldnt want a phone without it now. sorry you dont care for it.

i also wont use im apps that have the chat bubbles instead of the regular threaded im enviornment so i understand why you would want to stick with something you like and are used to no matter how archaic lol

5. dman777

dman777 Member This Topic's Starter

well, let me ask then...with the threaded type...how do i reply to a message with the a copy of the original included?

6. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

Handscent app do this

Tap and hold the bubble that the original text has been displayed in. A pop up will appear that give you the option to copy the content of text int next message.

7. Marc Wonderland

Marc Wonderland Well-Known Member

Be warned, doing that also contributes to the 160 character limit for your texts.

8. namoroman

namoroman Well-Known Member

My last 6 phones have had had threaded, and I couldn't imagine a phone without it now. It makes it easy to follow the flow of a conversation, as I always seem to forget whats been going on in a conversation.

9. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

especially if you are a notorious drunk txter like i am. makes it sooo easy not to get mixed up in what you say to who lol

10. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

If you want non-threaded texting, go back to a dumbphone. Pretty much all smartphone OSes (Symbian doesn't count since most phones that run it are barely smart) do it now, and going back to unthreaded sounds like heading off to live in a cave and wear animal skins to me.

11. ArmadaTattoo

ArmadaTattoo Well-Known Member

Long press on the message you wish to copy, dialog box appears, click copy message text.
    Long press where it says "Type to compose" and press paste.

Job done.