• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root dont unlock after s-off

scotty85

Extreme Android User
Jul 25, 2010
read this: the purpose of this post is to let folks know that if you htcdev unlock with s-off,your device will go back to reading unlocked until you relock it,at wich time it will read relocked,just like before you s-offed.

what does this mean?! :eek: if you dont care about getting back to a locked state for warranty purposes,then it doesnt mean anything. if one of the big reasons that you s-offed in the first place was to get back to locked,then,as the title says,dont unlock with htcdev after s-off. you can install recoveries and hboots via hboot in a PH98IMG files,or you can install available patched hboots to enable engineering commands.

i hope this helps clarify it for those who were confused by the title. my intention was not to cause panic,simply to educate folks in what id found,as i know the subject of locked/relocked is very important to some.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

ok,i have been posting in several threads that the unlocking after s-off is no big deal. i still maintain that.

however...

on my other s-off,htcdev devices,reflashing the hboot/running an RUU makes the device locked again. after more discussion with con,i decided i better test if i was gonna keep saying it. ;)

i stand corrected! :eek:

i started by flashing back the 2.11.000 hboot and unlocking it. i flashed it again. still unlocked.. hmmm. so i flashed jp patched hboot,now juopunutbear :) flashed 2.11 back. still unlocked. hmmm.

so i relocked. reflashed 2.11. still relocked. uh oh. :rolleyes: flashed the eng hboot. now relocked eng 2.11.20005,lol... relocked engineering hboot. flashed the 2.05.0000 ship hboot. still relocked.

at this point i ran the entire RUU for 2.01.605.11. still relocked :mad:

i plan to try flashing the leak ruu,then 2.01.605.11 again,but for now,im tired. 6am comes very shortly.

i should have known this phone would somehow be different :rolleyes:

moral of the story is that if you are one of the folks whom care about your hboot saying locked,dont unlock it ;)

sorry for any misconceptions based on my experiences with other devices :eek:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones