• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Don't update "Screens"

flu13

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
I have Screens installed, which I find to be a pretty decent wallpaper finder. I like using landscapes as wallpaper and it seems to have some good ones. I noticed today that there was an update available, but luckily read some of the latest comments before updating. Apparently, the "update" renders the app non-functional and just tells you to download Mabilo (sp?). I might just uninstall the app on principle, because that's pretty crappy of them. But I thought I'd warn others, in case anyone wanted to keep the app in a functional state.

Basically he teamed up with mabilo, all the wallpapers from Screens are available in the new app plus more...but I just saved the papers I like from screens and then deleted the app. I agree that the way he did it was weird, should have said in the description that the update will delete the app. It was confusing and a strange way to go about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones