Donut App2SD?Support

Last Updated:

1. XboxOmac

XboxOmac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway to have apps installed to my 4GB SD card on Donut (1.6)? My phone memory is only 150 MBs and it is on 94 MBs left. I have the Kyocera Zio.

And also, do all apps have compability of working from the SD Card?

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any way to hack that into 1.6. Donut is so old at this point I think support has been all but completely dropped from it... maybe try looking into rooting and throwing a custom 2.1 or (iffy) maybe a 2.2 rom,if there's support that far for your phone from the hacker community.

3. XboxOmac

XboxOmac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There has never been an update to this phone yet. So no reported ROM for the Kyocera Zio.

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Yea... I just scanned the whole section on your phone... looks like you're just going to have to deal with deleting and installing what you want a little more often than you'd like to... old hardware, no support. One of the worst combo's out there. Sorry, wish I could help more.

5. javajoe96

javajoe96 Member

The hardware is not old, it just came out. The 2.1 update is also supposed to come out soon. The Sprint version of the Zio already has 2.1, but none have 2.2 as of yet to do the sd install.