Donut ???

Last Updated:

1. Duncs

Duncs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if i will ever get to say 'mmmmm donut' on my Hero. Ive had a trawl of the net and cant find out any info on Donut and Hero thats not really vague. Please can any one of you clever peeps out there actually let me know if anything is happening ? :D

Advertisement
  2. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

3. Duncs

Duncs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks ticho, i wonder why they are being so secretive about it lol oh well i will keep waiting and TRY to be patient ;)

4. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

5. subhramani

subhramani Member

Android 1.6 (Donut) is now officially released to both users as well as developers. But one question, how am I supposed to install it in my HTC Hero?

6. cheggerspop

cheggerspop Well-Known Member

Where have you seen it "officially released to....users"?

Chegs.

7. subhramani

subhramani Member

Ah! I guess I know where I went wrong. I read, "This platform release introduces new features for users and developers" and I thought its released. I know that the SDK is available for download, but not sure about the firmware (I hope I know what I'm talking about).

8. cheggerspop

cheggerspop Well-Known Member

I've actually just read on another part of the forum that Magic users are starting to get the Donut 1.6 update!?! I wasn't suppose to be released until Monday, so I'm putting the early release down as a good sign :D

9. subhramani

subhramani Member

But how do I upgrade my Hero? Cos I just got the phone a couple of weeks back and have no idea about how a firmware upgrade is done. I live in India:)() and I dont even know if this will officially release in my country.

10. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

You have to wait for HTC to release their Donut-powered ROM for Hero, as Hero is not running vanilla Android OS, but one modified by HTC. I would guess that coders over at HTC are hard at work preparing it as we speak. :)

I also heard some rumors that it could be released sometimes next week. Wait and see.