1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Doodle jump!

Last Updated:

1. StuartT

StuartT Member This Topic's Starter

So doodle jump is finally here for android. But there are two downsides. First off, it costs $5.99 when it only costs $.99 for the iphone/ipod. Secondly, it is only available for android phones running 2.0 or better. Im not sure what to think. I've waited for this game for a while and it finally comes out, but its 6 dollars :(

Advertisement
  2. cjb695

cjb695 Active Member

I have been waiting for this game forever and its 6$ dollars...that is bull

3. StuartT

i feel you man. I think once there's a couple thousand downloads, they might start to lower the price.

4. StuartT

i e-mailed the dev and he immediately responded with a price cut. Doodle Jump is now only $3.99

5. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Well-Known Member

Maybe he should try again. I don't see why there should be any reason that it's still FOUR times the price of the iPhone version of the app. That's stupid.

6. K-Holed

K-Holed Member

I guess they've just had to assess the market. They'll know how much money they want to make from the game and they then have to balance up the size of their potential user base with what people will be prepared to pay.

If they drop the price to that of the iPhone version, there might just not be enough people to download it to pay for the time they've put into the Android version.

7. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Well-Known Member

^ Understandable, but just purely based on the fact that some Android users know that they are being charged 400% more than iPhone users may be enough to deter them from purchasing the app to begin with.

Lowering the price to that of the iPhone version may encourage more Android users to purchase the game, resulting in more downloads. Hiking up the cost may lead to more profit per purchase, but the decreased # of purchases may very well make it a moot point.

8. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

I understand that a dev has to recoup the costs of their time and effort - I'm a programmer and know the issues involved. But, to penalise Android owners by hiking the price so high compared to what iPoo owners are paying is a bit much.

Unless there's something significantly different about the Android version, I wouldn't pay more than it costs in other markets for the same product.

9. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

Wow. That graph that came out a while ago was right, android users are cheapskates!

Firstly, that price point is about what apps should be - iphone ones are so low because A) there are 40 million iphone users that can purchase apps anywhere in the world, and B) there are so many v high quality iphone games that game quality alone is not enough of a USP, and price's are being forced low due to competition.

To say you won't buy it because it's priced differently in an entirely different market doesn't make any sense at all. How are developers going to be attracted to android with a market mentality like that?

Seriously - $4. Maybe don't get your daily starbucks / paper / coke if you need to reserve or recoup some funds after "splashing" out on a game you were really looking forward too....!

The game's awesome btw.

10. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

spottyelephant - You seem to have missed my point. I'm not against paying even

11. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Anyone care to tell me what distinguishes this from Abduction World Attack?

12. vonfeldt7

vonfeldt7 Well-Known Member

Is it still on the Market place or was it removed? I downloaded it for $3.99, and yesterday decided to change to Pete's Bugless Beast Rom. After doing so it wouldn't let me download Doodle Jump from the Market.. now it doesn't even show it in the Marketplace at all.

Is this a bug or did the dev(s) remove it? It's also not under my purchased downloads either.

13. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Looks like your ROM borked your location. Still shows up on mine just fine; try using the market enabler.

14. vonfeldt7

vonfeldt7 Well-Known Member

Ya I reflashed and it shows up now. Scared me ha ha