1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Doppler Radar App.

Last Updated:

1. EricM87

EricM87 New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anybody know if there is an application for doppler radar or base velocity? I know stuff like weatherbug have radar but it doesn't have base velocity...anybody know of anything?

Advertisement
  2. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

It doesn't appear to show base velocity (not that I know what that is), but I installed RainyDays last week and have been pretty impressed with it.

3. edroberts

edroberts New Member

I'm also VERY interested in this. I've heard that RadarScope may port to Android in the future, but I haven't been able to find anything that is remotely useful on the meteorological side of things.

4. Aimy77

Aimy77 Well-Known Member

+1 on Rainy Days

5. sj24

sj24 Active Member

+1 for Rainy Days also

6. empyreandance

empyreandance Well-Known Member

If you're that serious about radar, I wouldn't be surprised if you have GRLevel2 or GRLevel3. I have them upload the latest reflectivity, BV, SRV, SW, ET and VIL to an FTP server; it's great because you can scale the images to whatever size you want... if you have them I highly suggest it

7. adi

adi Member

I have been using GR3 with AllisonHouse feed for years...best desktop combo available. The Weather Channel will occasionally say "switching to Gibson Ridge view for better detail" (kinda tells you something about GR software!)... AllisonHouse data NOW feeds into RadarScope giving storm icons, etc...hopefully they will soon have an Android version...have emailed them about this...will post if I get a reply.

8. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

check palmary weather, they have like 5 or 6 different maps that come with it.

9. Ryan F

Ryan F New Member

Cheers for Google giving me this thread. Rainy Days is just what I was looking for!