• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DoS Attack and RST Scans?

TheSultan

Android Expert
Mar 6, 2010
Rochester, NY
Hey Everyone.

I don't know much about IP addresses and routers, but I logged in to my routers info page using the IP and was looking through menu items to see what it was about. I came across a running list of a TON of "DoS Attacks" and "RST Scans" and "ACK Scans". Some of them are from the same IP, but most seem to be all different.

I live in an apartment complex with about 20 secure wifi spots and 1 unsecure. Also, there are 3 computers in my apartment. 2 laptops, one with uTorrent on it, and a Nettop that essentially acts as a seed box for a private torrent tracker and is on 24-7.

This isn't an area I know much about, so I've read a bit this evening by google searching for the terms. Also, my speeds are REALLY slow, and I just assumed it was the best I had available, but I read tonight a DoS Scan could be a culprit in that department.

Anyone feel up to giving me some advice in this area?:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones