1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

double alarm since ICSSupport

1. mistyinca

mistyinca Guest

My alarm occasionally goes off 1 minute before the set time and again at the set time. Very irritating. It's like there are 2 internal clocks in this phone. I'm convinced ICS is simply "overllaying" GB.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Cares

Cares Well-Known Member

Are you using the default alarm or a 3rd party app?
  3. amswink

amswink Well-Known Member

My alarm stopped snoozing sometimes after the ICS update. I'd end up waking up late twice a week at least because I'd snooze, the alarm said it was set to snooze, but wouldn't do anything when the time came. Oops! Anyway, I started using a non-stock alarm app, and I don't have to deal with a buggy stock alarm.
  4. Dmark44

Dmark44 Well-Known Member

That actually happened to me today. First time I noticed it. I'll reboot and try again tomorrow.
  5. mistyinca

mistyinca Guest

Yeah. Default alarm.
  6. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

Mine will go off twice as well. I think it goes off at the normal time and I cancel it, but then it goes off again like a minute or two later. I know it's not the snooze because that is set for at least 10 minutes. Just randomly does this, annoying as hell when it goes off again while I'm showering and wakes up my gf.
  7. mistyinca

mistyinca Guest

yep. Same thing... It's not the snooze; it's like 1 minute off.
  8. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

Hmmm... used my alarm on my phone several times over the last couple weeks, didn't have that issue, and I specifically used my Rezound that had the OTA update over Gingerbread and used the stock alarm clock.

If you think it is an issue with the OTA, perhaps a factory reset or flashing the .12 official RUU, the later should get rid of any "residual" GB stuff.
  9. Puppa

Puppa Well-Known Member

Ugh. Factory reset? What a pain! I've got the issue as well. Does it at random. Sometimes a minute prior, sometimes not.
    mistyinca likes this.
  10. mistyinca

mistyinca Guest

Yep same here. It's not every time. Probably about 50/50.
  11. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Hello misty a double alarm huh? I am going to look further into this for you :)
    mistyinca likes this.
  12. mistyinca

mistyinca Guest

*LIGHTBULB*

Those of you having the same issue: do you also use beautiful widgets?? I was just reading some reviews of the latest update before I updated it (google maps taught me not to update without reviewing!), and someone posted something about the clock not matching, and I wonder if that is the issue.

So those of you having the same alarm issue, do you use beautiful widgets??

thanks!!
  13. RFclipse

RFclipse Active Member

Factory reset doesn't help. I've done it. Still have this issue with the stock alarm.
  14. dlwills

dlwills Active Member

I just realized that I randomly get a double alarm. It's hard to be specific on what actually happens since I am not really awake when it happens and to be honest I thought it was user error. So the first alarm goes off as normal and you slide the circle to either dismiss or snooze. The second alarm happens and it is a rectangle box with rectangle buttons inside to either snooze or dismiss.

It does not happen everyday. It is not really a big issue for me since the alarm is there to wake me up.

I am not rooted and don't have any customizations like beautiful widgets.

Leah
  15. Puppa

Puppa Well-Known Member

Deleting and re-creating the faulty alarm worked for me (I don't have "Beautiful Widgets" installed). However, it looks like others have seen the issue crop up after a Factory Reset, so I'm not sure what to make of this.

Of course, now that I've posted this, it'll probably go off twice...:laugh:
    Dmark44 likes this.