• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Double checking the latest SW updates?

joelshort

Dec 1, 2010
Some background: I have flashed custom ROMS etc using both clockworkmod and Aloha, along with kernels etc. I wanted to make sure that I could go back to stock in order to receive OTA updates. I have now return to stock ROM and unrooted the phone, and also returned to stock recovery.

After returning to stock, there was an immediate update and now my phone says it is up to date. However, I'm thinking some of the software has not been updated. Here's the versions of everything on the phone:

Baseband: VS740MV7.5210.1013
Kernel: 2.6.29
Build Number: ERE27
SW Version: VS740ZV6

Are these up to date?

No. The SW version should read VZC at the end. And the baseband version should be .1015 I believe. The other stuff looks correct.

I was afraid of that. So how do I go about getting these updates?

Come to think of it, when I initially reset the phone to stock and an update was applied, when it rebooted and the little green droid came up the status line only got half way across and then an exclamation point came up in the droid and the phone rebooted. Did the update take?

Upvote 0
i would try reflashing the stock recovery...sounds like it didn't flash properly and the updates are getting blocked...i've done this 3 or 4 times and never an issue. flash v6 first then the recovery. after the v6 is flashed, the phone is no longer rooted, so there is no need to unroot it.

Where do I find the v6 stock ROM? and the stock recovery?

UPDATE: I found what I needed

Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/ally-all-t...nteer-who-wants-go-back-completely-stock.html

did you make a backup first?...then click on the link above to know how back to stock...

I have tried the steps in the above link but that didn't work for some reason. However I have since been able to get OTA updates to work. I followed the steps in this thread http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/166588-how-flash-stock-lg-rom.html and that worked. I'm updating to VZC as I type!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones