Double contacts in everything but contacts?Support

Last Updated:

1. stockfeed

stockfeed Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, im hoping i can get some help, i imported my contacts over from my sim card and then disabled viewing the sim card ones so in my contacts i only see one of every person, but when i compose a message or anything that needs contacts, i get 2 of every person. eg facebook sync, 2 people come up. when i go to my contacts though, its fine. anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. MissSH

MissSH Member

Hi

I have this issue too. Did you ever get to resolve it? If not can anyone help out there?

:(

3. GalaxyTDM

GalaxyTDM Well-Known Member

I was taking mine for a firmware update today(didn't get round to it though) and they said to copy all my contacts to the sim card before hand as I would lose them during the upgrade.
    I did this and now when I chose a contact from messaging I have 3 of everything where before I had 2.
    I think that when you look for a contact the messaging app looks on the sim as well as the phone.
    Only solution I can think of is to make sure all your contacts are the phone, then delete them from the sim.

4. MissSH

MissSH Member

Yes I already know that but I don't want to delete from phone or sim. Every other phone I have ever had lets you choose between phone or sim or both. Even this one does in contacts, but for some reason it does not carry through to the messaging center. I don't think there is a fix, but it is pretty poor.

5. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

contacts
    menu
    display options

tick off what you do or untick what you dont want/need :D

hope that helps

6. MissSH

MissSH Member

Hi

Thanks - that only works for the contacts page but doesn't carry through for messaging. If you have the contacts on sim and phone and tick the sim only box it shows only sim contacts but in messaging it comes up with the sim AND phone numbers.

Thanks though.

SH

7. vibrantliker

vibrantliker New Member

Same problem. Don't even know where the contacts are from in the messaging contacts. I'd like to know how to clean them up. Anybody?

8. mdtolic

mdtolic Well-Known Member

I know folks said they wanted contacts on their SIM, but I solved this problem by converting everything to a Gmail contact and deleting the SIM & phone entries. I didn't plan on doing that, but the multiple contacts started to drive me nuts. I'm pretty happy with how things turned out though. It just seems so much more efficient now.