Double Facebook Accounts in Contacts Driving Me Insane

Last Updated:

1. llblwskydrgn

llblwskydrgn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Facebook syncing to contacts was working great until tonight and it is driving me insane.
    I have two of the same facebook accounts synced.
    I'm sorry if this is confusing but basically, in Settings>>Accounts and sync: I have two facebook accounts synced but they are the same account.
    However, I do notice that the two icons are ever so slightly different.

I am wondering if this is somehow syncing my facebook account through the app as well as through android.

The reason why this is driving me nuts is because the accounts link to the contacts and for several contacts I have two facebook profiles synced, in addition to the phone contact, and gmail contact.
    This is really bugging the OCD-ness in me.

Also when I search a contact to call or text for example, it might show one of their home numbers as "mobile" since it doesn't really know what type of number their facebook number(s) are.

This problem started today when I shared my first picture through my phone onto facebook. I found it weird that it asked me to sign in again since I thought I had already done so through the app.

I'm sorry for such a long post, but I am wondering what I should do.
    Does this mean I should get rid of the facebook app?

Advertisement
  2. llblwskydrgn

Well I figured out that the facebook app was syncing contacts in addition to facebook on android.
    If anybody else has the same problem, I suggest removing both facebook accounts to un-sync the contacts and then use ONLY the android facebook to sync contacts (that gives you all your facebook profile pics to show up next to your contacts).
    Then for the facebook app, do not sync contacts when given the choice.

Contacts on Android is still pissing me off, I'm still trying to find the right balance between google, phone, and facebook in my contacts....

Anybody have tips or insight into how they organize and deal with their contacts on their android phone?
    Help would be much appreciated! :)

3. flywatt

flywatt Well-Known Member

Go to contacts, then hit the menu button. Go to view (or filter) and turn off the contacts you don't want

4. llblwskydrgn

I know you can do that, but some of the contacts are still linked like to multiple google accounts, etc.
    I admit I am a bit obsessive about finding a good organization of things like this.
    Right now, I've been manually editing them slowly to fit my needs.
    Good thing I have less than a thousand contacts =)

5. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Hmm. Well, I just added my google contacts to the phone. Then I added facebook and allowed it to sync only contacts already on the phone. No duplicates that way.

6. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

From the facebook app, through its menu, you can disable its contacts syncing. Its kinda hard to tell from the contacts menu, which one is the native and which one is the app. And then enable the only contacts with phone numbers filter. Then go through and link facebook accounts to any matching contact you have in google. Its really nice once you take that time to organize things a bit.