double haptic feedback from "menu" button.

Last Updated:

1. robjbw

robjbw New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. Just got my captivate and have one problem. Sometimes when touching the haptic menu button (first from left), i get a double vibration. Like it senses my first touch but vibrates second time right away. I do not get this constantly. But it happens all the time when i first touch the home button then the menu button. Does not happen with any other button. Is this a bug?? Happens with yours?

Advertisement
  2. mttfrog13

mttfrog13 Well-Known Member

this is yet just another symptom of lagging galaxy s phones. These phones are the buggiest of all the major android phones. i can't believe with all of the problems, we haven't had not one firmware update even with so many galaxy s phones sold in south korea and the US. Nothing for the lag, gps issue, or the numerous other small glitches.

3. locsplitter

locsplitter Active Member

I heard it was a partial battery drain as well. The constant vibrating can do that. I'd just disable them.

4. mttfrog13

i disabled for a while but with the ui lagging so much along with the flaky touch detection, i prefer to have it enabled to know if my press has been detected so i turned it back on

5. cantim

cantim Member

Oh snap this just started happening to me yesterday. I just decreased the intensity of the haptic feedback but I can still feel it going off twice. Would a firmware update fix this issue?

6. MikeyMike01

MikeyMike01 Well-Known Member

My home button would get STUCK, and the light would blink and the phone would start vibrating and get pinned to the home screen. I exchanged that phone, needless to say, but this sounds like a similar issue.

7. robjbw

robjbw New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah but the captivate has haptic sensitive button; not actual physical buttons. I think its a bug cause happens ramdomly. Want to know if other captivate does the same thibg.

8. Culverin

Culverin Active Member

???

Says who? If you've got a link to a shootout, I'd love to see it before I pull the trigger in on my Captivate.

9. mttfrog13

Tell me an issue that either the droid x, droid 2, droid inc, or evo has that is as major as the gps issue and lag issue on the galaxy phones