Double notifications (turned off stock notifications)Support

Last Updated:

1. Thebeast00777

Thebeast00777 Member This Topic's Starter

i REALLY need help...:mad: i been searching high and low for a answer and cant seem to find it. I have Handcent and Stock on my Evo and i turned off notifications on stock but still get double notifications in the bar and also my handcent ringtone plays then cuts off to the stock ringtone when i get a text... PLEASE HELP ITS SO ANNOYING! Im rooted on unrevoked as well if that solves anything. i also cant update my phone. is being rooted the problem? im thinking about unrooting since i dnt know what i cant do with it besides tether. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

First, are you absolutely sure you turned off the stock notifications buy going into the messaging app, hitting menu, then turning off notifications?

What exactly cant you update? apps? firmware? prl?

If you dont know what you can do with rooting, then why did you do it?

3. Thebeast00777

I'm positive i double checked, triple checked, quadruple checked

I believe it was firmware. it pops up randomly on my phone. i will let uknow when it shows up again

I rooted cuz i heard it opens up ur phone to stuff u cant do when not rooted. Main reason was wireless tether which at the moment i dnt need but i know it will come in handy on trips or something. I looked for stuff to do rooted but i dnt thnk i understand the lingo well.

4. eluno

eluno Well-Known Member

you may want to remove and then re-install handcent:)

5. Thebeast00777

tried it...no dice

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Do you have someone local to you that may understand more about this stuff than what you do? It might be a good idea to see if they can help in person.

There are half a dozen things that I can suggest...but I get the feeling it will go beyond your comfort level with the phone