Double Tapping on Droid XSupport

Last Updated:

1. gocard

gocard New Member This Topic's Starter

I just demo'd the Droid X in store today. One thing that annoyed me was having to double tap on things like menu items, when I wasn't used to having to double tap those before. Here is what I'm talking about (take a look as he double taps the "More" icon at 3:34 in the video): YouTube - Motorola Droid X Walkthrough

Is there a way to turn that off, so I only need to single click?

Advertisement
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

I don't do any double taping. Certainly not on menu buttons like at 3:34 in the video.

3. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

The only time you should ever need to double tap is zoom in the browser or to force the browser to fit the text to page if you pinch zoomed.

4. Sublimation

Sublimation Active Member

No double-tapping here. Only to zoom etc. The only reason I have to double tap a button is if I miss it the first time.

5. Phantom_LS2

Phantom_LS2 Well-Known Member

No double tapping here either.

6. niq24601

niq24601 New Member

I have the reverse problem ... the demo phone had it turned on, but on the one I bought it's all single taps. Where the heck is this setting?

7. DroidGuyatBestBuy

DroidGuyatBestBuy New Member

The reason people are having trouble with the 'double tapping' feature is beacuse you are looking for a setting called double tap. Unfortunatly its not that simple.

The double tapping is a side affect of another feature on the phone for the visualy impaired.

For those who want it turned off, go to Menu-- Settings--- Accesability--
    and uncheck the box, the bottom one... its called spoken menus or something like that. or just turn accessibily completly off by unchecking the top box.

For those who want it turned on, go to the same menu and check those boxes.

Once those boxes are on, you might start hearing an annoying voice reading everything you select to you.

To turn that off, go to sound and display settings and uncheck the box that says 'audible selection'

wala--- now you have double click action with no annoying speaches.

8. ohnono

ohnono Well-Known Member

I only need to double tap when the print on a website is too small for my old eyes to read.;)