Double Text Messages Received

1. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Has anyone been getting a lot of double texts messages from your contacts? It doesn't really matter because Cricket has unlimited text messages but it is a tad annoying.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

Hi La Sal! This is a known problem that has to do with the carrier. They have acknowledge it and that they are working on the problem.

Hasn't happened to me yet (cross my fingers). You might want to try the Handcent or GO SMS app and see it that helps.

Also, clear your call log and cache.

Good luck! :)
    la sal likes this.
  3. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

I always clear my cache and call log. I'll have to take a look at the two apps you recommended. Thanks.
  4. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Just downloaded the Handcent app. I'll have to recommend this free app for my wife's Samsung Epic. I think she will like the format they use.
  5. Jazziette

Great! Let us know how you like it! :)
  6. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Just got a double message.
  7. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

My wife likes the Handcent program but she can't get her picture next to her messages on her Samsung Epic. Everyone else's pictures show up next their messages but not her's.
  8. Jazziette

I'm not using handcent anymore since it was creating some probs for me so I can't help much there but I'm sure it is in the settings somewhere. Sorry for such a lame answer. :p Tell her to try GO SMS.
  9. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

I did the Sprint 2.2 Froyo manual update for her Samsung Epic last night. Text messsaging was part of the upgrade so she is set.
    Jazziette likes this.
  10. Jazziette

Glad to hear it's okay! Sounds great! :)
  11. Clay353

Clay353 New Member

Pro launcher EX works well for me.
  12. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Trying Go SMS to see if it helps with the double messages.
  13. Jazziette

I never get double text messages here in my home area, but last weekend out of town I got several. Now things are back to normal. Maybe it could have something to do with the towers where you get your signals. Just a thought.
    KOLIO likes this.
  14. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr Well-Known Member

I get two of each message, for every message I get.
  15. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Go SMS seems to have solved this problem for me.
  16. unvme

unvme New Member

I have been having problems with multiple texts since I bought my Ascend with Cricket. It is extremely annoying!
    I don't get just double but sometimes 3 or 4 repeats. Most of the time they come within in 2 seconds of each other. Sometimes they are a few minuets apart. It doesn't mater were I'm at, home, work, 50 miles away. I would like to use the pop-up feature of Handcent but the double sms screws it up...

Does anyone have a solution?

I am using Handcent and love it, but will switch if another sms app fixes it.
  17. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Go SMS has eliminated all double text messages for me except when Cricket sends their spam texts.
  18. brandonpants

brandonpants New Member

La Sal, I've been trying to fix this problem on my Cricket Ascend for quite a while now, and it's gotten to be extremely annoying.

I just got Go SMS and have been playing around with the settings but still can't figure out a way to stop the double messages.

Do you need to uninstall the stock messaging app? Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing in goSMS that fixes this?
  19. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

All I had to do was install goSMS and the double text messages stopped. I didn't need to adjust the settings or uninstall the stock messaging.

I am sorry that it hasn't worked for you. :(
  20. Propagandroid

Propagandroid Member

I too experienced the double texts on my Cricket Phone (Ascend). it happened with me on both the stock messaging platform, as well as when i use handcent. i recently flashed Icarus 1.1 and this eliminated the problem thus far
  21. IDontWearPink

IDontWearPink Member

That's a known problem with the service. It's never happened to me but once and I dialed *228 and it hasn't happened since then. I think that could be the only chance you have.
  22. Ashleyh06

Ashleyh06 Well-Known Member

I have tried *228 and usin go sma but still receive double and even 3 n 4 of same txts .. its starting to irritate me now.. n kinda freezes my phn whn so many come in at the same time :(
  23. reggjoo

reggjoo Well-Known Member

This has been a problem ever since I tried third party apps, I installed cm6, and kept the stock app as default. I still receive double messages, but my phone doesn't send them anymore( boy was my girlfriend annoyed!) . I can still get mms in all it's glory, but wish I could delete the stock app, but it's part of android. The other apps work off of the stock app, and that's part of the reason I don't use them, it makes the situation worse.
  24. frogginwld

frogginwld New Member

Im sorry EXTREMELY STUPID with the talk (language) on how to do things with this phone (ascend). What does FLASH mean? I feel so stupid when it comes to my phone n doing things with it. Please educate me lol
  25. Taterhater88er

Taterhater88er Well-Known Member

I've been having the same problem.. I have GO and and it still continues. It's particularly annoying with facebook mobile on. ><