Support Double Text notification.....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dibberly, Oct 6, 2010.

1. dibberly

dibberly Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    i have searched for this problem and even though there are answers out there...they dont solve this problem

I have been using handcent since day one but for some reason today i am getting double sounds and a double notification in the status bar when i get a text message.

In the standard messaging app i have all the options inticked and turned off...including notifications - but still getting a double sound / icon

anyone have any different ideas?

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member
    VIP Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    That is a bit strange, I wonder if they changed something in the most recent update. I suppose you could uninstall it and then put it back on. The other very boring answers I can think of are turn it off and turn it back on again! Or do a repair using PCC or SEUS.

You have checked the obvious and if the stock app is disabled you shouldn't be getting doubles.

3. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Norway
    Re-check everything. :)

4. dibberly

Jun 29, 2010
    found it....it was the beautiful sms which is a part of beautiful widgets that was giving me the conflict

now to install everything again!!

5. rosered

rosered VIP Member
    VIP Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    Well done you, persistence pays. I have beautiful widget, didn't know it came with an sms bit too. No double bing-bongs for you now.

6. dibberly

Jun 29, 2010
    yea persistence does pay but it nearly had either a sledge hammer through it in the process!!

7. rosered

rosered VIP Member
    VIP Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    :D:D