double twist android app (free for limited time)General

Last Updated:

1. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just found this app. it looks better than any other media player currently available on android. it was a little slow the first time a opened it up but it got smoother after a few uses. (i do not know why)

[​IMG]

here is the link

kinda an iphone-esque experience. but i like it

[​IMG]

imo it is way better than the sense music app that comes with the eris and a little smoother too.
    it doesnt seem like it made my eris slower like some of the other music players from the market did.

just thought you guys might want to try it out to maybe replace the clunky stock sense app

Advertisement
  2. Copa Native

Copa Native Well-Known Member

Does it include a widget?

3. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

no ... that is the only problem i have with it so far. hopefully the devs will add one in future updates.

4. Copa Native

Copa Native Well-Known Member

Deal breaker for me. I also just downloaded MixZing as a substitute but the ads really bothered me.

5. SyDTRaKKeD

SyDTRaKKeD Well-Known Member

same here...I really like this media player better than mixzing... except the lack of widgets...as soon as they add those I'll switch over permanently... I have a feeling it will require purchasing the app in the end tho...

6. namu1107

namu1107 Well-Known Member

Not sure if everyone knows this, but DoubleTwist is like the Itunes for all things not Iphone. You can download it for your PC, and can search the android market from there, download podcasts, download music via amazon, and create playlists JUST like itunes. There is now an app (^^^) to correspond with it...to keep everything clean. I downloaded it last night, the PC program that is, and I love it. It's only in beta so of course they will have a lot of kinks to work out, but its nice. Take that Itunes!

7. msjulie

msjulie Well-Known Member

Issue I had was a video clip I've played before totally locked up the phone with this player - pretty much my eris can't deal. No amount of back-button/home out/sleep would work; had to yank the battery. Couldn't even put down the volume (silly me trying this in the office)

To be fair, it's probably related to the specific video I chose... also, when the app was installed it kept turning on disk mode on the USB w/o me asking. My phone is plugged into my computer in the office for keeping the battery up and the sc card continued to pop up as a mounted drive even after I forcibly unmounted it... user error or feature..

8. SyDTRaKKeD

SyDTRaKKeD Well-Known Member

Posted by watadoo, an admin over on the doubletwist forums:

Looking forward to future updates since it seems like they are really taking suggestions/recommendations from users seriously.

Here's a link
    Go make your suggestions!