Doubled my battery life...

Last Updated:

1. Dan-droid

Dan-droid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I doubled the battery life on my MT3G Slide! All I did was delete the widget for Weather Bug Elite and put a shortcut to it on my homescreen instead. I went from 12-14 hours on a full charge to 24 hours plus! I don't get on-screen weather updates anymore, but I can click the shortcut and get current weather in seconds. It's worth the sacrifice to not have to carry a charger with me everywhere I go! I've read elsewhere that weather apps, even the built-in one, are huge battery drains, so I gave it a shot, I'm glad I did! The other thing I did was to uninstall task manager. Seems they do more harm than good. My phone has never run better!

Advertisement
  2. macavely

macavely Well-Known Member

Thankx I'm going to give that a try... and my Task Kill has been acting up since they last update

I just took the Clock/Weather widget off.. and checked my Battery usage Display was using 58 percent now it is using 18 percent. ..

3. my.mytouch

my.mytouch Member

Okay, I am going to have to give this a try... I have not only the original weather app, but also the weather bug app. I am such a n00b sometimes. :eek:

4. UnknownAlly

UnknownAlly Well-Known Member

My battery use to die within 6 hours.
    After updating, rooting to Froyo 2.2 it now lasts all day. Never died on me because I charge it every night at least.

5. Kristina424

Kristina424 Member

a good battery app that doesnt kill your phone is the battery indicator puts a little number on the phone. I dont like task killers i had on on my cliq xt and it did nothing but mess things up. ive got pretty decent battery life on the phone since i took the weather widget off and put the shortcut on instead. i also always gotta remember to turn off my syncing and such when im at work

6. trav2001

trav2001 Well-Known Member

I use the MT3GS clock widget that has the weather on it and sync everything (email, weather, news ect) every hour I my phone lasts all day long.

7. smakmauz

smakmauz Member

Damn.... you guys must be on your phones constantly:confused:!!! My usage is mainly for business but I text and I pretty much use my phone now for all my e-mail and I don't have a land line either... I only have to charge my phone every 2-3 days!! I use the occasional GPS for driving directions and finding ATM's and restaurants when I'm out and about. The web is very handy for in the field research but I wouldn't want to try and surf a bunch on it because its just too slow compared to cable internet that I have at home and its just really not that important to me. I personally HATE social networking although I can see the point of it if you have family and friends in another state or something like that but I think twitter is the STUPIDEST:mad: thing ever invented... Lewis Black does a great comedy bit about twitter that pretty much hits the nail on the head... pretty funny

I use no widgets except for the little switch ones because most of them aren't very helpful... they're mostly just toys. I don't use a task killer because I just reboot my phone if it starts running funky just like a computer. The only battery app I use is just to give me an actual % number of how much I have left...called "battery indicator". The weather widget thing is kind of funny unless you can't get to a window because all it does is tell you current conditions. I'm sure there's better ones but I have weather sites bookmarked with shortcuts on one of my home screen panels so all I have to do is touch one button if I want to find out what its gonna do and for current conditions I just look up ;)

I also don't use bluetooth anymore because the quality frustrates the hell out of me and I only used when I was driving so I went back to a wired headset. Although when I did use it I didn't notice any notable battery drain just having it turned on. I've never really used wifi either so I have that turned off. As far as syncing... I only have mine to sync gmail and thats it. I manually sync my calendar and contacts every now and again.

Overall I am happy with the battery life because I was coming from a "samsuck behold screwed" and my battery life is about the same on this phone and it actually has a smaller battery and more power and features and runs a hell of a lot smoother.

I guess I'm the only one....

8. UnknownAlly

UnknownAlly Well-Known Member

You can get the overclock widget and lower the speed.

9. PoweredByLE5

PoweredByLE5 Well-Known Member

my phone slows down way too much if i dont use a task killer and its quicker if i just use a task killer rather than restarting phone. i just put all system apps on ignore list so nothing screws up.

10. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

Will that actually help battery life or harm it? I've read a few articles now that say that faster processor speed = better battery life. Their reasoning - which makes sense to me - is that the processor is designed to go to sleep when it isn't actively doing something. With a higher CPU speed it wakes up, does its work, and goes back to sleep faster. The less time it's running more than offsets the higher power used while it is running...