Doubletwist alternativesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Boom175

Boom175 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking for an alternative to double twist. I just cant get DT to sync the way I want. It seems to be more playlist oriented where Iam more "album" oriented. I just want something that will sync to my Itunes and copy my music and movies to my X. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. JemmyDucks

JemmyDucks Well-Known Member

I think you will find all sync apps are playlist oriented. But you can still select albums. If you want albums, you can always include all the music you want to sync on a single playlist, but use the music player's "albums" tab to select albums on your phone.

3. haticK

haticK Well-Known Member

worked fine for me. i dont use any playlists and the music transferred over just like it would have with itunes.

4. Boom175

Boom175 Member This Topic's Starter

How long did it take to sync? It took all night for me and it still wasn't finished all the way, granted it was the first sync but still it took forever.
    Thanks for replying!!!!

5. Kazrell

Kazrell Well-Known Member

I've tried them all and what i can add to Jemmy's comments is that your better off copying and pasting the music into the music folder on the Droid rather than the alternative - and iTunes has a way that you can create a smartlist of all of your mp3 songs that you can then quickly copy and paste over to the DX music folder. Until they create a wonderful iTunes like syncing application, then that's what I will be doing.

6. kapstone

kapstone Active Member

Have you tried TuneSync? It allows for wireless syncing with iTunes?

7. buxleyp

buxleyp Well-Known Member

I tried doubletwise, tunesync, and motorola's syncing program, but ultimately went with iSyncr. It's simple and fast (unlike doubletwist). Free and paid versions available.

8. Modalee81

Modalee81 New Member

doubletwist was really fast for me when I was syncing my music. I synced 3,000 songs in just about 2 hours.

9. sethgoldstein

sethgoldstein Well-Known Member

Double Twist is a real slow bug for me. I've been just manually copying and pasting my podcasts over but it's a bit of a bugger to do. I really liked how iTunes made finding podcasts and syncing easy. And you know what, I'm not a huge Apple fan but iTunes just works.

So which is the best one of the alternatives?

10. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Well-Known Member

Mediamonkey 3. I've synced every mp3 player I've had with it and it works great with the DroidX too.

11. drybin

drybin Well-Known Member

i use iTunesAgent, its pretty easy to set up and its free. it essentially makes the DX, Dinc or anything else like a seperate mass storage device which easily syncs

12. drybin

drybin Well-Known Member

that is, it uses ur iTunes library and u just drag and drop into your device and then click synce on iTunesAgent