Doubletwist for music on Eris, having issuesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I dl'd Doubletwist to my computer to sync music from itunes to my Eris. The first step of syncing music from itunes to DT was easy as pie. I literally dl'd DT in less than a minute and a minute later all my itunes songs (not too many actually) were in DT. DT looks almost exactly like itunes, except you buy your songs via Amazon.

Anyway, step 2 of getting the music on to the Eris is NOT working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm using Vista, 64 bit, if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
    Mike

Advertisement
  2. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nevermind, it works! I simply had to follow the directions posted in their forum. Here's the link to the directions if you decide to download it:
    Syncing to G1, T-Mobile and Android phones -- tips and tricks - Android phone Support and Discussion - doubleTwist Community

I was about to declare that my nano and itunes have just become obsolete but I just did a sound comparison and the nano definitely sounds better. Is it better enough to bring to the gym along with the phone? Hmm, I don't know about that. I don't like having a bunch of stuff in my pockets. But i'm a musician and have an audio related job so sound quality is important to me. That's one of the few areas where I would like to see improvements on this phone. I noticed it before when listening to pandora through my car stereo, and through my headphones. The max volume is not that loud and overall quality good but not great. With that said, it probably sounds better than that sony walkman my brother proudly got for his birthday 30 years ago that we all ooed and ahhed about.

3. condog

condog Well-Known Member

nice! i tried this but because i have my itunes on an external drive and it wouldnt work right. glad it turned out well for you though. (envy)

4. antnyp85

antnyp85 Well-Known Member

Eh I tried Doubletwist... But when it loaded my music, all the information on the songs were incorrect. Showed wrong name, wrong artists, etc. So I did MediaMonkey instead, and it seems to work ok.