DoubleTwist is SLOW to sync with EvoSupport

Last Updated:

1. zerozed

zerozed Active Member This Topic's Starter

Good lord it takes FOREVER to sync music to the Evo with DoubleTwist. I never had this type of issue with my iPod touch. I wonder if the problem is DoubleTwist or the Evo. Does microUSB have the same bandwidth as miniUSB?

Advertisement
  2. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Music only? Hmmm it might be your cable.
    I gave up on DoubleTwist it's crap for podCast and I use MediaGo to synch now.

3. zerozed

what is this MediaGo you speak of? I can't find it in the market or on appbrain.

4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

http://androidforums.com/android-media/79959-how-flawlessly-sync-your-music-your-android-winamp-56k-warning.html

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

5. supaumar

supaumar Well-Known Member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

6. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

7. zerozed

Hey that MediaGo program is pretty slick looking. It's a lot like iTunes; much more so than DoubleTwist. I'm going to give it a try!

8. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue with sync. I used the same cord for my pre, hero, and evo. Both the hero and the evo sync'd ridiculously slow. Is there another free option for Macs?

9. kencrudup

kencrudup Well-Known Member

I like MediaMonkey(.com) ; not only is it faster (esp. the 2nd+ time around) but you can also add the iTunes album art to the ID tags for every file, so they'll show up in the Music app, or alternatively (and ironically enough) the DoubleTwist Android app (which is actually much nicer).

10. ashykat

The only thing that bugs me about the doubletwist app is that it doesn't ignore the ringtone folders so all my ringtones, notifications sounds, etc. show up.

11. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

your comparing a class 2 micro sd card to flash memory on the ipod... it's gonna take longer that is all there is to it

12. ashykat

I was thinking that too, but syncing with my old myTouch (class 2 microsd) was just as fast as the pre (flash memory), which was just as fast as iTunes syncing an iPod or iPhone.

13. etm001

etm001 Member

I too found Doubletwist to be horribly slow. I did a little testing and determined that Doubletwist was copying music to the SD just fine - all my music was on the card, and it was copied just as fast as if I had used Windows Explorer to drag-and-drop the music to the SD card.

The problem seems to be that Doubletwist can't accurately measure file copy progress to the Evo. In my testing, Doubletwist showed 2% complete, even though all the files had been copied to the SD card.

I'm sure the makers of Doubletwist will update their application to resolve this problem. In the interim, I've been using iScynr to copy my music (I'm a former iPhone user), and it works great.

14. jason.sgtski

jason.sgtski Well-Known Member

15. 229Mick

229Mick New Member

I have a brand new Galaxy S2 and it took 10 minutes to download 300 podcasts via the internet, and after an hour and a half it had managed to sync 77 to my phone. Total crap.

16. 229Mick

229Mick New Member

BTW, RoboMonkey is spot on. I know it's a Sony product, but MediaGo absolutely rocks for Downloading and syncing podcasts.