DoubleTwist - iTunes for android

Last Updated:

1. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

doubleTwist Player Android App Review by | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews

For anyone that hasnt already seen or used DoubleTwist,

Its an app for the phone, and a PC program that allows you to sync
    movies, music, pictures and apps.

The phone app now has a decent media player built in.
    The PC part now allows you to browse apps on the market and mp3s from

The 2 parts combined allow you to sync iTunes playlists etc using a very
    'iTunes' like interface.

I've only had it 2 days, but it does seem very useful, and may appeal to other people who have come from an iPhone and are used to the iTunes way of doing things.

2. SL4VE

SL4VE Well-Known Member

Rubbish. Takes ages to find your itunes library and doesn't always sync your playlists. iSyncR is a better option imo it uses itunes directly and simply.
  3. CarsnGadgets

there is a new version available, seems far better that when i 1st installed it a week ago. they have added more funtionality.
  4. uzetaab

uzetaab Well-Known Member

I think calling it rubbish is a bit of an unfair exaggeration, but I admit that I use isyncr too. Mind you, isyncr uses the free basic-paid advanced model. DT is just free.
  5. noodles317

noodles317 Active Member

Have any of you tried Salling Media Sync, i use it and it takes all your ITunes playlists and allows you to tick which ones you want to sync and if your library will fit on your memory card will let you sync your entire library over.

The only thing it won't do is let you pick individual tracks it is mainly a playlist sync'ing software but alot better than Doubletwist i have found.

You can find it here:

Salling Software - Salling Media Sync for Windows

Also there is an option for both windows and mac for all Android handsets.
  6. godffreypratt

godffreypratt New Member

Sorry folks, but DoubleTwist is a half-baked wonder and is not the 'friend-to-everyone' as it purports to be. Its promo video berates software vendors who don't provide for seamless interoperable software and the hails DoubleTwist as the ray of light, hero and and provider of this utopia. After installing it, however, one finds a different story altogether. If, like me you use a Mac and you try DoubleTwist as an iTunes alternative, you'll be sorely disappointed. Plug in your iPod/iPhone and it labels your portable music player as 'Read-only' i.e. no syncing allowed. After reading on DoubleTwist's forums, I read a surly reply from an administrator exclaiming "We don't do auto-syncing on Mac, only Windows." No mention of future support, just opposition in principle. So much for interoperability then!

Bye, bye DoubleTwist. Splash, flush, swish.
  7. CarsnGadgets

this is an old post... I have since stopped using double twist.

but you must have specifically looked up this post to add to it...?
  8. mwallace

mwallace New Member

Big fan of the desire and DT oddly enough. However, my digital copied movies will not transfer. Is this a protection thing from iTunes? Everything is slick as can be using DT EXCEPT this.