DoubleTwist sync with Evo; pics are small

Last Updated:

1. tha5150

tha5150 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

everytime i sync with DT and my Evo, the pics come out small. for instance, i have hi res pics, 4mb perfect pics from my wedding.. when i sync, the pics only show up 1/2 the screen size. when i expand it out, it looks like crap.

there are no settings within DT that do anything to pics or music or anything. just where your library is. thats it.

does anyone have any tips for me? i have like 20gb of pics i used to sync with itunes and my iphone. turned out to be bewteen 3-4gb once they were resized to the iphone specs (within itunes obviously). i am looking to do this exact same thing. i want all my pics, but the 20gb will obviously not fit on the 8gb SD card, nor a 16 if i had to buy..

Advertisement
  2. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

MediaGo has an option to optimize photos for the target device. You can try it.
    IMOP DoubleTwist is crap.

tha5150 likes this.
  3. tha5150

downloading now. i hope this works for me.. thank you!

4. tha5150

seems to be working ok.. takes a while to sync up but i guess thats because it is resizing the photos for me?

will this let me see the different folders? is there a setting for this? i am only testing out at work. i have all my pics at home

5. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Click the Thanks button ^

tha5150 likes this.
  6. RoboMonkey

Yes.

There is a setting to organize media into Folders for the device. It's under tools, preferences, device, and you can set it there. The default will leave everything in a folder internal folder.

It's kinda like itunes with the media in the way it stores the folders your watching.

There is also an option under devices to optimize media in the background for the device. Mine synchs really fast. Way faster than doubleTwist.

7. tha5150

organize Media into folders is checked.. i see everything inside the Images folder and All Photos has the same, obviously.. i do not see my 50 folders.... ???

8. tha5150

checking in again.. this is not working for me. i have checked and unchecked the "organize into folders" for my pics and it makes no difference. i still have just the one folder with all 5000 pics in it and not my folders that i see inside the Photo's tab in the Media Go program. i am lost and this really bothers me.

a little help?

9. RoboMonkey

Hmmmm I'm not home ATM, I'll check my settings again and respond later tonight.

When you are looking in your photo album folder there will be a drop down right above the column listing (its to the left of the search box).
    See if there is a listing for Folder or something like that (again I'm not home, so I can't see it).

10. tha5150

i see Events on the left... on the right there is a Search For Event.. i looked everywhere and nothing changes anything...

11. RoboMonkey

Strange, mine says Events too and when I change it to Photos my folders go away and I see everything on 1 screen.

I'm at a loss as to why yours doesn't change. Right click on two random photos and tell me what the Event says.

My guess is for some reason it didn't fill in the meta data for your photos, so all of yours are blank.

Edit:
    I should have been more clear: Right click on a few photos, select properties, and tell me what you value you have in the Event column.

12. tha5150

i JUST upgraded to Win 7 from XP. moving all my pics and music back to this hard drive and going to install Media Go after. once thats done, i will try this whole thing again and post back.

we will figure this out..

13. tha5150

Event shows the folder it resides in. such as "My B Day" or "My Wedding"

also, things are still the same since Win 7 and my new sync..

14. RoboMonkey

Wow you got me. When you change the sort type to Event your folders should show up. You might try the MediaGo forums.