doubletwist users, i could use some help

Last Updated:

1. jason.sgtski

jason.sgtski Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a former iphone and ipod touch user.
    I use itunes for my podcasts and playlists.
    I have double twist up and running and using my playlist from itunes.
    So, the issue im having may just be the learning curve, or maybe it may not be the best for what i want to do.
    Any of you DT users use it to handle your podcasts or is there something better?
    Does it take along time to sync for you too?
    Could it be the SD card that came with the phone, should i get a higher class SD card?
    DT shows my available memory as 6GB free, so its not moving a whole lot, I'm afraid to go to a 16GB card and keep syncing my podcasts to it.
    my PC is win XP Pro.
    I dont like the way DT handles my podcasts from itunes, thats why i want to try using DT.

Advertisement
  2. reiththestud

reiththestud Well-Known Member

Yes, having a class 2 card can effect your speeds. But DT might also be converting some of your audio files thinking the EVO can't handle your native mp3/aac files. I know it took a long time to sync a bunch of pictures because it was converting my pictures to 320x240 resolution pictures(won't be doing that again).

3. jason.sgtski

jason.sgtski Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am noticing it is very slow even on my 3rd sync. does it convert on every sync. it seems like it starts from scratch and reloads everything everytime i sync. feature, bug or user error?

4. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

DoubleTwist does convert video files during sync that's why it's so freakin slow. For the record I hate it coming from Zune (never was a iTunes fan), but for the price (Free) I can live with it.

I think the problem with it is it doesn't keep a folder of converted files, so it has to convert everytime you sync. And I think that's even if the files are on your device.

Also I have a psp and it comes with MediaGo it seems to be faster, but the video comes out like crap on the other end and I haven't found a way to fix it.